Thanks for your patience! We've packed a lot of cleanup into this update. Hope the journey is a little more enjoyable.
- Optimized a whole bunch!
- Improved performance quite a bit!
- Fixed a possible crash bug
- Figured out that those black boxes are a motion blur bug on Mac AMD cards*
- Optimized and improved the Auto-Quality system
- Reduced the application size just a bit
- Optimized and fixed some bugs in Hint Overlay system
- Optimized the cursor system a little to improve performance
- Optimized the Auto-save system
- Adjusted the High Quality setting details
- Re-ordered the graphic options in the advanced list by resource cost
- Removed the Auto-save panel (because… well, it’s just not needed)
- Adjusted the position of the New Game panel
- Updated the opening credits
- Added a check when the App quits for non-valid reasons when auto-saving
- Adjusted the text of the Quit Dialog
- Corrected the direction rotation sounds in Mechanical
- Squished a bug on the Imager Panel
- Fixed potential bug with right click rotating in node mode in elevator
- Corrected Mechanical Linking Book video
- Added more help to the Help Guide
* If you continue to have problems with black spots on the screen - please turn off "Motion Blur" in the Advanced Graphics settings. (There is a bug with motion blur on AMD graphics cards.)
** Thanks for making realMyst the best-selling game in the App Store! **
(Any remaining graphic issues seem to be tied to a bug with AMD Radeon graphic cards. If you have black artifacts after updating please turn off Motion Blur in the Advanced Settings.)
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is a beautifully updated version of realMYST for today’s Mac computers - celebrating the 20th anniversary of Myst! The models and textures have been reconstructed to provide an amazing graphical experience. The environments have been enhanced to provide dynamic water, weather, lighting, foliage, focus, and more. The interface has been redesigned to provide an enjoyable way to explore for both novices and gamers.
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - this is not your father's Myst! It’s been 20 years since Myst became your world, and there's never been a better time to revisit the Ages. This newly refreshed and rebuilt version of realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Listen to the crickets as the sun sets in the Channelwood Age. Relax in the falling leaves in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.
And If you’ve ever been overwhelmed by realtime 3D - too many controls or too much motion - realMyst has something for you! You have the option to play the game just like the original Myst - with a simple point and click! Point where you want to go - click the mouse and you move through the world seamlessly to the new location. As a tribute to Myst’s 20th anniversary we’ve also added the original Myst images when you play in this Classic mode. Hold down the shift key and the original Myst image pops up, so you can see the difference and fondly remember that early Myst experience.
We’ve added plenty of new features to enhance and assist you on your journey. So whether you’re visiting Myst for the first time or you want to remember the first time - there’s never been a better reason to lose yourself and let the surrealistic Ages of realMyst become your world.
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
- Full Myst gameplay and interaction
- Dynamic environments - rippling water, falling rain, waving trees & grass
- Advanced graphic effects like bloom, blur, depth of field, etc.
- Day and night - watch sunsets and sunrises, or explore at night
- Flashlight - for exploring dark nights or dark corners
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
- Classic Point & Click navigation option - just like original Myst
- Free roam interface option - standard navigation controls
- Zip Mode in classic navigation - hold down to keep walking
- Auto quality option - checks your frame rate and auto-adjust your quality
- Interactive Guides - illustrates how to interact with objects
- Bring up original Myst images to compare and reminisce
- Bookmark feature to save & restore progress
- Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
- realMyst Hint Guide - get past that one puzzle that's got you stumped
Minimum System Specs...
- MacOS - 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- 4 Gig RAM - 3 Gig Disk Space
- 512 MB SM 3.0 compliant video card
Recommended System Specs...
- MacOS - 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Intel Core i7, 2.66 GHz
- 8 Gig RAM - 3 Gig Disk Space
- 1 GB SM 4.0 compliant video card
- June 17, 2014 Initial release