New Content Updated
The Texas Academy of Family Physicians unites the family physicians of Texas through advocacy education and member services, and empowers them to provide a medical home for patients of all ages. The Texas Academy of Family Physicians is the state’s largest medical specialty organization with more than 7,800 member physicians, residents and medical students throughout 32 local chapters.
TAFP serves the family medicine community and provides a unified voice for family medicine as it continues to be one of the most patient-oriented public health groups in Texas. The American Academy of Family Physicians TAFP’s parent organization maintains a membership of more than 100,000 members.
Major purposes of the Academy include:
• Advocating for family physicians to lawmakers
• Organized medicine and the public
• Providing high-quality continuing medical education to physicians in Texas
• Keeping members informed of changes in health care and
• Nurturing the next generation of family physicians.
- June 14, 2014 Initial release
- August 07, 2014 New version 1.12
- September 24, 2014 New version 1.15
- November 12, 2014 New version 1.18
- February 17, 2015 New version 1.20
- April 16, 2015 New version 1.25
- May 23, 2015 New version 1.27
- September 20, 2015 New version 1.35
- October 23, 2015 New version 1.38