NEW: Add your own products & edit existing ones!
Highlights from V 3:
• Improved search experience, hits are now highlighted & much faster
• Hundreds of new product updates to the database
• Countless small stability optimizations
• Fully accessible through VoiceOver
• Tested and optimized for Apple’s latest iOS 8.4
Do you follow a low-carb diet or have to watch your carbohydrate consumption for medical reasons? Then this product guide for carbs is perfect to assist you on your next shopping trip!
This shopping and diet guide will help you become successful with your low carb diet and acts as a valuable companion for shopping trips, recipes and diet-control.
WATCH YOUR CARBS
We often eat too much and then we usually choose the wrong things, too. Chronic diseases such as arteriosclerosis, arthritis, diabetes mellitus, coronary problems, gastrointestinal ailments but also weight problems are often all caused by an unsuitable diet.
A more conscious, but also reduced intake of carbohydrates has been accepted by medical science as a good way to prevent these diseases and foster healing.
Many diets, low-carb recipe books or cooking guides were created with this in mind. However, what’s often missing is a more general list of products to look up carbohydrates for different foods. These guides or diets usually do not compare products or simply aren’t designed to freely swap products that suit your taste better.
This app is the missing link and is meant to complement your meal planning, support you in purchasing new, exciting foods and always keep you focused on reducing your carb intake!
This carbohydrate guide quickly shows how many carbohydrates are contained in each item from the database.
Simply browse through the extensive selection of products and adjust your serving sizes – the app will immediately tell you about the expected carb amounts. Foods are
• Fresh products & staple (generic) foods like apples, banana, meat, etc.
• Brand name items from companies like Kelloggs, Coke, Nestle, etc.
• Restaurant meals from McDonalds, Starbucks, KFC and many more
Every category, even the entire database list can be sorted ascending or descending by nutrient content. This will help you recognize which items have the most / least amount of carbs easily.
If you search for something, the list will even re-adjust and tell you only about the items matching your keywords. It was never easier to pick the best item from McDonalds or out of the sweets section!
You’re looking to replace something in one of your recipes? No problem. Filter for any combination of nutrient value, ask for all items lower than something or even with the exact amount. The app will immediately make suggestions on what to eat.
The full power of a nutritionist and diet expert is now in your hands by using these filters!
- January 14, 2014 Initial release
- January 31, 2014 New version 1.0.1
- September 19, 2014 New version 2.0.5
- November 03, 2014 New version 2.0.7
- November 07, 2014 New version 2.0.9
- December 17, 2014 New version 2.1.1
- March 09, 2015 New version 2.2
- March 20, 2015 New version 2.2.1
- May 04, 2015 New version 2.2.11
- July 31, 2015 New version 3.0.3
- August 13, 2015 New version 3.0.4