148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: TIME SAVING READING :: Read Our Full Review >>
Speeding up reading and proving a great way to consolidate articles, Outread is useful for those who regularly read on their iPhone.
What's NewPlease remember to update your reviews. They keep Outread going. Thanks!
- RSVP (Rapid serial visual presentation) mode – highlighted text is centered on the screen, so you don’t have to move your eyes that much; switch to it in Preferences > Reading Mode
- Pause Between Sentences – the highlighter can now stay longer at the last word of a sentence; adjust it in Preferences > Reading Mode
- crashes when importing ePub files that aren’t compliant with ePub spec
- borders of the app icon on iPad 2 and iPad mini
- incorrect auto-scrolling on short articles with images
- “Keep Highlighter Centered” was replaced with RSVP mode
App DescriptionOn a 40% Sale for a Limited Time!
Speed-read websites, ebooks and documents. Outread improves reading effectiveness by helping you to focus on reading small chunks of text at a time. You can either follow the highlighter along the page or keep it centered.
“A clear winner in the speed-reading category” — AppAdvice
“You're in luck, because Outread will help you get through them [articles] and learn speed-reading in the process.” — Lifehacker
- Universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Made with iOS 7 in mind: background syncing, multiple font sizes, AirDrop integration and a URL Scheme
- Sync with Instapaper (requires $1/mo subscription at Instapaper), Pinboard, Pocket, and Readability
- Add your own ebooks (DRM-free ePub) or read free classic novels from the built-in library
- Add Microsoft Word, .rtf and .txt documents or read the clipboard contents
- Add from Safari via the bookmarklet or paste the URL inside the app
- Everything is saved for offline reading
- Follow the highlighter along the page (Guided Reading) or keep the highlighted phrase in the center of the screen (RSVP)
- Adjust the reading speed and the highlighter size (length of the chunk of text you read at once)
- 2 themes (Day & Night) and 5 fonts to suit all reading conditions
- Monitor your progress with reading stats
- Auto archive items once they’re read
- Filter (by services or tags) and sort (by date, length or title) the items
- In order to reduce distractions, items are stripped from unnecessary content – what’s left is the leading photo and the text
- Sync between iPhone and iPad versions is currently available only via Instapaper, Pinboard, Pocket and Readability
- DRM-protected ebooks (Kindle and most of iBooks ebooks) are not supported
You can see the video of the app on our website: http://outreadapp.com
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or @OutreadApp on Twitter.
August 20, 2014 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
August 20, 2014 New version 1.3
April 11, 2014 New version 1.2
February 28, 2014 New version 1.1.1
February 23, 2014 New version 1.1
February 05, 2014 New version 1.0.4
January 29, 2014 New version 1.0.3
January 15, 2014 Initial Release