!!! Important iOS 11 Notice !!!
The outdated GoodReader 3 apps were discontinued in 2014 and replaced with the modern GoodReader 4. If you’re still using one of the older 32-bit GoodReader 3 apps, they will not work in iOS 11 which only supports 64-bit apps. If you’ve updated to iOS 11 and need to recover your files from GoodReader 3, please visit our website for instructions: goodreader.com
- fixed the issue with connection to box.com
Earlier in 4.12.0:
- iPad Pro support
- iOS 9 multitasking support - Slide Over and Split View
The "Big" update with cool new features and a brand-new design is coming next. Stay tuned...
The amazing 4th edition of GoodReader® app is a universal app for all your iOS devices.
This version is a further step in development of our original groundbreaking, best-in-class GoodReader app. If you're a user of the old GoodReader app, we welcome you to upgrade to this 4th edition of GoodReader. If you're a new customer, we invite you to join the world of convenience and professionalism, already enjoyed by millions.
GoodReader is the super-robust PDF reader app that Mashable describes as “a Swiss Army knife of awesome!” Millions of users and reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPad or iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: documents, books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever managed to go mobile without GoodReader.
Some GoodReader features, like signing PDF documents with just three taps, are so convenient that people use them even when their laptop or desktop computer is around.
GoodReader earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines, and renderings of 100 mb and more with great speed. Its refined file manager lets you manage local files and email attachments on your iPhone/iPad allowing you to work from anywhere.
The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file. You can also easily sign any PDF document with our app.
All the excellent features of the original GoodReader app are here:
+ the best PDF reading engine!
+ read, edit, and sign PDF documents
+ PDF annotations simply done - highlight & markup text text boxes, callout comments ("sticky notes"), freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, etc.
+ view MS Office, TXT, HTML
+ access servers & easily transfer files - access to a wide range of servers to easily store your data: Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, box.com, WebDAV, SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP
+ Auto Sync with remote servers
+ easily maintain huge collections of files
+ copy, move, rename, zip, unzip and unRAR files and folders
+ users of the old GoodReader app will appreciate our well-crafted Migration Assistant which makes the transition to this new app a breeze. All your files and setting from the old app will be transferred with a click of a button
+ new users will appreciate the ease of use and tremendous file-handling capabilities
Newest features added:
+ securely sign PDF documents with just three taps
+ PDF Page Management - add, rearrange, delete, rotate, extract and email individual pages, split and merge files
+ True Auto Sync - background and scheduled execution
+ opening files from iCloud containers of other apps
+ Touch ID support
+ Text-to-speech feature will read PDF and TXT files for you, player-like audio controls and an impressive choice of languages
+ Bluetooth foot pedals support for turning PDF pages - a dream feature for live-performing musicians
... plus much more to come in the future to meet your ever-changing needs!
- May 08, 2014 Initial release
- May 13, 2014 New version 4.0.1
- June 04, 2014 New version 4.1.0
- June 05, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $6.99
- July 21, 2014 New version 4.2.0
- August 04, 2014 New version 4.3.0
- August 12, 2014 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- August 21, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 01, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- September 16, 2014 New version 4.4.0
- September 26, 2014 New version 4.5.0
- October 11, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- October 20, 2014 New version 4.6.0
- November 13, 2014 New version 4.7.0
- November 14, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 15, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 19, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 05, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 23, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 28, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 31, 2014 New version 4.8.0
- January 01, 2015 New version 4.8.1
- January 27, 2015 New version 4.9.1
- February 17, 2015 New version 4.9.2
- March 17, 2015 New version 4.10.0
- March 31, 2015 New version 4.11.0
- May 03, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- May 09, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- July 15, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- July 31, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- February 05, 2016 New version 4.12.0
- February 13, 2016 New version 4.12.1
- August 11, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- August 16, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99