The world famous Fighting Fantasy interactive gamebook series continues! Ian Livingstone and Tin Man Games present Island of the Lizard King!
You can relive the adventures on Fire Island on your phone or tablet, lovingly updated for digital devices. Presented in full colour with realistic physics-based dice rolling for battles, auto-mapping, an auto-updated adventure sheet and stat keeping.
** REVIEWS **
"Telling a gripping yarn with the trademark exceptional adventure gamebook gameplay, Island of the Lizard King is quite the delight." - 148Apps, 4.5/5
"It's fun, it's slick, and it's another worthy addition to the digital Fighting Fantasy canon that Tin Man Games is so ably accumulating." - Pocket Gamer, 8/10 - Silver Award
"Rip-roaring tale of classic adventure and derring-do, pitched at an excellent difficulty level for the digital format." - Gamezebo, 4/5
"It's great to see that Tin Man Games is able to be so prolific within its niche and provide people with a huge range of different books to choose from so that they can pick the experience that best suits their tastes. If you're anything like me, however, one book isn't going to be even close to enough." - Digitally Downloaded, 4.5/5
"...fun for old gamers and a great introduction for gamers-yet-to-be." - Starburst, 8/10
** FEATURES **
• Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
• Atmospheric new visuals which can be turned off to make the gamebook look like it came off the printing press in the 80s!
• Auto-mapping tracks your journey across Fire Island! See locations appear as you discover them!
• Iain McCaig’s famous cover brought to life. The Lizard King has never been this terrifying!
• Alan Langford’s classic illustrations colorised for the app, making full use of high-resolution displays.
• Achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
Island of the Lizard King has been created using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
• Read the book horizontally or vertically on your tablet.
• An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
• Realistic physics based dice rolling. Shake your device!
• Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
• Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading the paperback!
• Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
Writer, Ian Livingstone, was one of the co-founders of Games Workshop and has continued to have a distinguished career in both tabletop gaming and video games.
Cover artist, Iain McCaig, has an extensive print and film portfolio, and is probably best known for designing Padmé Amidala and Darth Maul for The Phantom Menace!
Coming Soon... The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Deathtrap Dungeon, City of Thieves, Citadel of Chaos, Appointment with F.E.A.R. and more!
- December 16, 2013 Initial release
- December 18, 2013 New version 1.1
- December 30, 2013 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99
- January 02, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99
- January 09, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99
- January 31, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99
- February 12, 2014 New version 1.26
- April 08, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $2.99
- April 15, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $5.99
- May 31, 2014 New version 1.30
- June 03, 2014 New version 1.31
- November 28, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $3.99
- December 01, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- December 15, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- January 03, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $5.99