Learn the stories, people and events behind almost 300 buildings and places across Dublin city with this great new App from Dublin Civic Trust. See Dublin on Foot is your essential companion to Dublin and its architecture.
The app includes almost 300 entries across the city from the Phoenix Park to Dublin Docklands, clustered in six themed areas. Each entry includes a history of the site or attraction, together with beautiful images, GPS mapping to aid location and weblinks for information on opening hours etc.
The app also includes 7 shorter specialist tours focused on particular aspects of Dublin’s street architecture such as Churches of Dublin or Great Georgian Houses.
- Learn the stories, people and events behind almost 300 buildings and places across Dublin city.
- Explore the history and architecture of the city through six themed area: Oxmanstown, Gardiner’s Dublin, Administration & Commerce, The Collegiate City, The Earl of Meath’s Liberty and The Maritime City.
- Seven Specialist Tours: Churches of Dublin, Great Georgian Houses, Industrial Heritage, Museums & Galleries, Dublin's Military Heritage, Public Buildings, Medieval Dublin.
- GPS-enabled to help you to navigate and weblinks for information on key attractions.
The App has been recently revamped for IOS 7
- November 05, 2013 Initial release