Fixed redundant app links that don't work with IOS7
Fixed rating app which doesn't work with IOS 7
For all the retro gamers and fanatics out there! From the makers of Astro Wars, Galaxy Invader and other retro handheld/tabletop emulations comes this classic handheld space-invader style game originally created by Bandai and Sears: Missile Invader (or Missile Vader). Screenshots show actual app in action. See how close to the real thing it is!
This is classic retro brought back from the 80's. This was one of the first handheld games with very simple game-play. Just dodge and fire. Be quick though as they fight back with vengeance! This is a 99% accurate recreation. Every detail has been recreated. All the sounds and graphics have been faithfully reproduced apart from one minor alteration and that was the addition of an extra duplicate fire button. We kept the original position for the purists but the extra one make it easier to fire on an iPad. These types of machines were made by companies such as Grandstand, Tomy, Entex, CGL, Tandy, Bandai and Epoch to name but a few.
• Accurate simulation of the classic handheld /desktop machine
• Full retro sounds
• Simple and addictive
• Totally nostalgic
• Save scores with Game Center to challenge your friends
• Supports iCade compatible Bluetooth controllers
1: Turn Power to "on"
2: Aim using left and right buttons
3: Fire at alien (1 point) and UFO (5 points). You only have 50 missiles.
4: Dodge alien fire or you lose. If you are hit you lose 5 missiles and one life.
5: Aim is to get the highest points (maximum 250)
6: To restart, turn off and on Power.
If using with iCade or compatible controller, press the iCade button on top left and you can now use joystick and red fire(5) button.
NOTE: pressing this without connection to a compatible Bluetooth controller will bring up the keyboard. If this happens just press the button again to turn it off.
If you like this check out or other retro game apps
- November 06, 2013 Initial release
- November 14, 2013 New version 1.1
- April 28, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 15, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 04, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- August 05, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- March 10, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99