• Find out where your train is
Tap on the departure to see the list of stops for that train and which ones have been made and which ones are upcoming.
• Fix the problem that was preventing the application from loading departure information.
The NJ Rail app was created to provide you with real time departure information for NJ Transit Rail stations. Information the app provides includes: Destination, Departure Time (time the train is scheduled to depart the station), Train Number, Track Number, Train Line/Route Name, Status (countdown to train arrival/departure starting at 30 minutes)
If you want to find out whether a train is an express or a local? Simply tap on the departure information and you'll see all upcoming station stops, including estimated arrival times. The arrival times are automatically adjusted to reflect any delays the train has experienced en route.
* A network (Internet) connection is required for this application to work.
Q: Is the NJ Rail app a substitute for NJ Transit Alerts?
A: No. We encourage all customers to sign up for alerts and advisories through NJ Transit. While the NJ Rail app does a good job of telling you the train's status, it cannot explain incidents or provide travel advice.
Q: Sometimes there are slight differences between the NJ Rail app and the departure board in my station. Which is more accurate?
A: Although the NJ Rail app is updated several times a minute, during major service disruptions, the app may have difficulty getting accurate data from NJ Transit. In the event of a difference between the NJ Rail app and your station's departure board, you should consider the in-station information to be more accurate.
Train status information is relayed to EasyTransit from NJ Transit. While every effort has been made to ensure that train status information is as reliable as possible, we cannot guarantee accuracy. EasyTransit is not responsible for the inconvenience, expense or damage resulting from errors, cancelled or delayed trains, or failure to make connections. Customers are encouraged to listen to station announcements for additional information.
- June 06, 2014 Initial release
- August 13, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- April 14, 2015 New version 1.4.1
- May 04, 2015 New version 1.4.2
- May 14, 2015 New version 1.4.3
- June 07, 2015 New version 1.4.4
- March 17, 2016 New version 1.4.6
- March 20, 2016 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99