• Favorites - Tap the 'Star Icon' on the Departures Screen to add or remove stations from your favorites. Favorites are listed above the 'Nearest Stations' on the Home screen.
• Alerts - Alerts are now loaded directly from the NJ Transit's Rail Advisory feed. Tap on an advisory to see more information.
• Support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus native screen size.
• Other performance and stability improvements.
The NJ Rail app was created to provide you with real time departure information for NJ Transit Rail stations. Information the app provides includes: Destination, Departure Time (time the train is scheduled to depart the station), Train Number, Track Number, Train Line/Route Name, Status (countdown to train arrival/departure starting at 30 minutes)
If you want to find out whether a train is an express or a local? Simply tap on the departure information and you'll see all upcoming station stops, including estimated arrival times. The arrival times are automatically adjusted to reflect any delays the train has experienced en route.
* A network (Internet) connection is required for this application to work.
Q: Is the NJ Rail app a substitute for NJ Transit Alerts?
A: No. We encourage all customers to sign up for alerts and advisories through NJ Transit. While the NJ Rail app does a good job of telling you the train's status, it cannot explain incidents or provide travel advice.
Q: Sometimes there are slight differences between the NJ Rail app and the departure board in my station. Which is more accurate?
A: Although the NJ Rail app is updated several times a minute, during major service disruptions, the app may have difficulty getting accurate data from NJ Transit. In the event of a difference between the NJ Rail app and your station's departure board, you should consider the in-station information to be more accurate.
Train status information is relayed to EasyTransit from NJ Transit. While every effort has been made to ensure that train status information is as reliable as possible, we cannot guarantee accuracy. EasyTransit is not responsible for the inconvenience, expense or damage resulting from errors, cancelled or delayed trains, or failure to make connections. Customers are encouraged to listen to station announcements for additional information.
- April 14, 2015 New version 1.4.1
- August 13, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 06, 2014 Initial release