App DescriptionGrocery shopping can be a tedious task for families with food allergies, but SafeEats makes it easier. With SafeEats, anyone can quickly scan a barcode, determine if the food is safe to eat, and quickly make their purchasing decision. This expedites the shopping process and reduces error, helping keep family members safe from allergens.
- Record necessary food allergies
- Scan food barcodes and be alerted of any potential risks
- Read full list of product ingredients
- Search products by UPC number
- Access history of past scans
- Share allergies with build-in email feature
- Scan up to five products per day
Unlock unlimited scans for only $1.99 in-app purchase!
SafeEats won the top grand jury prize at The Next Web Kings of Code Hack Battle in October 2013. The app also won a Mashery API prize. Our thanks to both organizations.
SafeEats is a tool and uses the FoodEssentials API to access food allergen data. Some products and allergies may not be included, and SafeEats is not liable. Use your free scans to see if this app will work for you before purchasing unlimited scans.
November 06, 2013 New version 1.1
October 28, 2013 Initial Release