- Warriors have 4 HP.
- Cavalry have 6 HP.
- Archers have 3 HP.
- Your units no longer heal between battles.
- There is no longer a cap on unit deaths and strife cards in a battle.
- Reduced the starting Strife for all characters by 2.
- All emperors now start with 1 warrior, 1 cavalry and 1 archer.
- The War Chief:
+1 Action Card to choose from after a battle.
Warriors have +2 Health.
- The Senator:
Keeps destroy 3 Strife Cards.
Units regain +1 Health after every battle.
- The Wizard:
Killing a unit gives him a redraw.
Unique card: Meteor.
- Archer Take Cover now only allows you to move your archer behind a warrior or cavalry.
- Archers Shift has become Shift and allows you to move all units of a picked type up or down 1 tile. You get redraws depending on the amount of units of that type you have.
- Savage blows is no longer unique but gives +1 damage instead of double damage.
- Bounty card is no longer unique, but gives 25 materials instead of 30.
- Resurrected units now have 2 HP instead of 1.
- The base minimum number of monsters in a battle is 4 instead of 3.
- The minimum number of monsters you will meet in a battle now also scales with the turns. This rule only affects situations where you kill monsters but don't destroy the monster nest.
- Super monsters now have +1 HP.
- When having to select a new card, you can see how many cards of that type you already have.
- Description of Feast and Academy have some improvements.
The barbarous tribes who fought amongst themselves for so many aeons are at last able to come together to found a wonderous civilization. Is yours the first of its kind in this world, or one of many? No man knows, but what all men know is that their Empire must not only survive, but flourish!
The world is full of terrible horrors, however, and they will wear away at your Empire from all sides. Natural resources have become more scarce. And perhaps worst of all, your powerful Empire has grown heavy and full of internal strife with its age. How long can you stand the pressures of survival before your Empire finally comes crumbling back down into the desolated earth from which it grew?
EMPIRE introduces the world's first "Deck-Building 4X Strategy Game". EMPIRE is a quick, easy-to-learn yet difficult to master strategy/tactics game. FEATURES:
- Procedurally generated worlds mean that no two games will be alike. Will you find valuable mountains to mine military materials from? Food-rich forests that will grow your Empire quickly?
- A unique take on the deck building mechanism similar to those in Dominion, Puzzle Strike or Ascension. Your deck grows during the game, and it fills with both useful Action Cards, powerful Spell Cards, -- and also totally useless Strife Cards. Managing your deck is an important part of staying strong!
- Dozens of interesting tactical cards featuring excellent art from concept artist Gilles Ketting.
- A unique grid based tactical combat system. Use your Action and Spell cards to get the upper hand and destroy the enemy forces!
- Unlike traditional 4X strategy games which not only take hours, but tend to become slow and boring late game, EMPIRE is a quick, elegant knife-fight of a game.
- Designed by indie game design superstar Keith Burgun, creator of 100 Rogues.
We have tons of plans for the game in terms of future content additions, balance patches, extra game modes, and other support.
Please check out our website at: http://empire-game.net/
Or come chat with us at our forums: http://www.dinofarmgames.com/forum/index.php?forums/empire.12/
- June 04, 2014 Initial release