Fix the freeze problem when playing the Receptive numbers quiz with 10 or 15 questions.
If you like the app, please rate it in the AppStore. It's helping us focus on the development.
*** 50% off the regular price until the end of 2016! ***
"On the whole, Language Skill Builder is a great app for teaching basic language skills with an expanding question bank to meet your child/student’s growing needs." - The iMums review (4/5 stars)
"If your child needs to practice language building, they’ll have plenty of choices because this app is packed full of so many options. Children will truly enjoy mastering their language skills!" - Autism Plugged In review.
Educational app with clear graphics that kids are sure to enjoy!
• • • • • •
"I started using your app daily in my practice and it's working great! I especially love the reports I can email to the child's parents or even to myself. And, having all those tests in one app on my iPad - that's brilliant!
Trisha L., Special Educator from U.S.A."
Video trailer here: http://vimeo.com/78901768
• • • • • •
The app is designed in cooperation with therapists helping kids with autism spectrum disorder and speech/hearing disorders. Created by a mom and dad of child struggling with autism in an effort to help others.
Language Skill Builder is an app designed to help teach kids basic language skills: receptivity, comprehension, reading others' people intentions and word association. It's especially well-suited for those kids with developmental delays.
During the courses, Language Skill Builder also collects all the data on your child, allowing you to check and analyze graphs and reports of the progress in order to further improve your success with the child. You can track the improvement of the child's recognition accuracy over time, and identify problem areas. Every report can be viewed in the app as well as e-mailed to parent, teacher, or therapist.
This app is designed to work great for therapists, as it allows tracking the progress of multiple pupils without disrupting one's data.
• • • • • •
It's the one and central hub for all your kid's language training - with a lot of different modules you have a lot of content in one single app! The modules that are included with the app purchase are:
• Fact or Opinion - Child is presented with a sentence and needs to select if it's either a fact or opinion.
• Facts Finding - Child is told to find a fact (or a subjective opinion) and is presented with 2 sentences.
• Big or Little - Child is presented with 2 images of the same item - for example, a house. Needs to select the big one (or a little one).
• Receptive Food - A number of food images is shown, child is asked to find a specific one (i.e. select seafood among other foods).
• Receptive Food (class) - A number of different images are shown, one of them is a food item. The child is asked to select the food.
• Receptive Animals and Receptive Animals (class) - Same as above...
• Receptive Shapes - A number of different geometrical shapes are shown (rectangle, oval, triangle, etc). The child is asked to select one specific.
• Receptive Colors - A number of single-color items are displayed in different colors. The child is asked to select the specific color among them.
• Abstract Language: Proverbs - A specific situation is described, fitting one of commonly known proverbs. Then the child is asked to select the saying that fits this situation.
**More modules are (and will be) available via in-app purchases:
• Same or Different - Child is shown a large image of one item, below that there are several other images. He needs to select either the same image as above or the different one.
• Advanced Fact or Opinion - More advanced option of the above.
• Advanced Finding Facts - More advanced option of the above.
• Receptive Letters - Child is presented with a number of different letters and needs to select one specific letter.
• Receptive Numbers - Child is presented with a few different numbers and needs to select one specific.
- November 17, 2013 Initial release
- November 22, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- November 25, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- November 27, 2013 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
- December 02, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- December 31, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $9.99
- January 06, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 07, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- January 07, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- January 15, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 22, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- January 24, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- January 31, 2014 New version 1.1
- February 01, 2014 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- March 07, 2014 New version 1.1.1
- March 18, 2014 New version 1.1.2
- August 17, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- September 02, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- May 07, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- June 01, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 09, 2016 Price increase: $4.99 -> $10.99
- November 16, 2016 Price decrease: $10.99 -> $4.99
- December 01, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- December 04, 2016 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- January 01, 2017 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99