* [Requested] A new app-wide option to allow the app to round all amounts to the nearest 5 cents - great for countries that have dispensed with 1c and 2c denominations.
* [Requested] A new option allowing a teacher to encourage students to move to the "next lesson" after completing a lesson without error.
This update is a direct result of receiving constructive feedback from customers. If you have suggestions, please contact PKCLsoft via [email protected]
We would also love some ratings and reviews in the app store. Don't be afraid to let others know how Money Up! has helped you.
Looking for an ACCESSIBLE app to teach or reinforce how to use money in real life situations? Money Up is the perfect app for children learning to handle money, kids, teens and adults with developmental disabilities as well as for therapists who work with stroke survivors, those in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, and more.
Money Up was designed by teachers and therapists as a way for people to practice working out how much money they have, if they have enough to purchase the items they need and how much money to give a cashier, all without requiring them to count change. The app’s goal is to help children, teens and adults to acquire or maintain a life skill they need in order to foster independence.
The app currently supports the following currencies:
• Australian dollar
• Canadian dollar
• U.S. dollar
• British Pound
• New Zealand dollar
In addition to teaching the ‘Dollar Up’ technique, seven games provide the user with practice using it in the following situations:
• Identifying notes and coins
• How much to pay when shown a price total
• How much to pay when told a price total
• Checking how much money they have
• Working out how much money to hand over
• Paying for items
• Calculating if they have enough money to pay for items
For those who plan to use Money Up in an educational or therapeutic context, we have included many desirable features in the app including:
• Supports iPad Accessibility!
• Support for multiple students or clients
• The ability to customize the app to suit each user’s needs
• Data tracking, including reports that can be shared via email
• For children (or adults!) who want or need a fun break there are two mini games included in the app
• Support for students who's vision is impaired, through the use of high contrast backgrounds (selectable for each student).
• A complete grocery list editor. Choose your own groceries that suit your school.
• Add groceries from the camera roll, or the web via a paste operation.
• Add groceries using the built-in iPad camera.
• Five friendly characters with which to interact!
All aspects of Money Up have been designed to make it as accessible as possible and initial feedback from parents, teachers and therapists has been extremely positive:
"The lesson content is the important thing. It really has been useful for us. One student on the money program went from getting nowhere to almost mastering it in a fortnight, and when I asked her, she had been playing it in her free time."
"My student...loved the game and the multi-currency aspect will be very useful in the future, as his father [wants him to] learn to recognise Euro and American currency as well as Australian."
"My [autistic] 16 year old just learned the method in 2 goes. I'm showing his teacher next week!!"
"Smooth design, no glitching, no need for a manual as I was able to get it started and working with the kids in minutes."
Rated at 4.5 Stars by The iMums think that "Money Up! is a valuable tool to have for those who want to teach their student the dollar up method and help them become more independent".
PKCLsoft takes children’s privacy serious. Our apps have:
• a parental gate so children cannot access links outside the app
• no ads
• no tools for collecting or analysing user data
• no social media sharing
• no in-app purchases
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a Know What's Inside member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps
At PKCLsoft we value your feedback so please email any comments or questions about Dollar Up to [email protected]
- February 07, 2014 Initial release
- February 20, 2014 New version 1.1
- March 08, 2014 New version 1.2
- April 04, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- April 09, 2014 New version 1.3
- April 26, 2014 New version 1.4
- May 01, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- September 04, 2014 New version 1.6
- September 26, 2014 New version 1.7
- January 14, 2015 New version 2.1
- February 06, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- February 19, 2015 New version 2.2
- February 21, 2015 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $5.99
- May 01, 2015 Price increase: $5.99 -> $19.99
- May 11, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $14.99
- May 24, 2015 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $13.99
- May 25, 2015 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $9.99
- May 27, 2015 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- May 30, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $19.99
- August 24, 2015 New version 2.3
- August 29, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- October 01, 2015 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- October 06, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $14.99
- December 29, 2015 Price increase: $14.99 -> $15.99
- July 13, 2016 New version 2.7
- July 13, 2016 Price decrease: $15.99 -> $14.99