* Optimised for iOS 10!
* Complete;y redesinged user interface
* New camera search feature looks up words in your camera's viewfinder
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Featuring more than 56,000 entries, this mobile app based on thoroughly updated Seventh Edition contains the medical terminology used in more than 30 of today's fastest growing health profession areas—plus comprehensive inclusion of entries suited for the nursing field. Rightfully considered a benchmark in the medical reference tools, the book includes all crucial medical nursing terms, with written pronunciation and term genealogy explained. More than 70 leading consultants from health professions and nursing contributed to the enhancements of this edition.
* More than 56,000 entries
* Written pronunciations for every term
* Prefixes and combining forms set out separately, with their meaning meticulously explained
* Links to connected terms and synonyms
* Word genealogy explained in composite terms
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give you the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at [email protected]
- June 12, 2014 Initial release
- November 06, 2016 New version 8.3.4