What's NewMinor bug fixes
App Description** Special one-day-sale! In honor of his new PBS documentary airing tonight, get Stephen Hawking's Snapshots of the Universe for 20% off the normal price. **
How does the universe work? Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of the Universe explains the principles that control our universe through simple and fun experiments. From one of the world’s greatest thinkers you’ll learn why:
- Planets stay in orbit around stars
- Black holes may not actually be black
- Time is not the same for everyone
- Objects fall at different speeds
- Stars are not always where we perceive them to be
- Motion and location depend on an outside observer
- Gravity and acceleration have more in common than you think
- Our understanding of the universe has evolved over time.
Based on the work and writings of Stephen Hawking, this app teaches both adults and students the basic theories that govern our lives on Earth as well as the movement of the stars and planets. You can play and learn at the same time in each of the eight experiments included in Snapshots of the Universe:
- Spin planets in orbit with your own solar system
- Drop objects with Galileo to learn about gravity
- Let Einstein feel some G-force in outer space
- Search for black holes in the constellation of Leo
- Discover Einstein’s warped worldview
- Plus more…
Each experiment includes an interactive portion and a deeper-dive text section that helps you understand the science and key theories. In addition, select experiments include video segments that provide further visual explanations.
Optimized and styled for iOS 7 with clean and streamlined graphic elements, the app also supports Dynamic Type so you can resize the text of the “Why?” screens.
App Support: If you experience any problems with the Snapshots of the Universe app, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 29, 2014 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
January 29, 2014 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release