What's New in Hack Later 1.1.1
Thanks for using Hack Later! We're excited to bring you an optimized experience for the bigger screens introduced with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. We've also made fixes to the bugs that were reported on iOS 8 devices.
· Hack Later is now optimized for the larger iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus displays, making use of the Bigger Than Big™ screen sizes.
· Bug fixes. We've fixed several bugs that were reported on iOS 8. (Sharing and Open in Safari works as expected again.)
· Extensions. You can now share news items with other apps using iOS 8 Extensions. Tap the "Share Item" option in an action sheet to utilize this feature.
· Updated the minimum iOS version. Hack Later now requires iOS 8.
We've also done some behind the scenes work to handle any inconveniences that might come with Hacker News' reported website changes. Since Hacker News didn't have an official way of accessing their data when Hack Later was built, we've been handling the news extraction ourselves. We're aware of Hacker News' newly introduced official way of data access, and are working on a bigger update to make use of that and many other exciting things.
Hack Later 1.1.1 is a bug fix & compatibility update. A much bigger update is planned in the future. Please follow us on Twitter (@BrushedType) to be notified.
We hope you continue to enjoy using Hack Later.
Hack Later is a light-weight Hacker News client for iOS, built for speed in reading hot news as it's developing in the technology scene, as well as effortlessly saving them to read later.
With a fast loading, up to date, Hacker News feed built for consuming articles / news, Hack Later is the quickest Hacker News client you'll use for finding great quality tech related articles, news and links.
Hack Later supports both the hottest and the latest Hacker News feeds, and includes a suggested feed tailored for your personal tastes using the data from your Pocket account. It includes no support for comments. Read, save, refresh.
Hack Later is the only app you'll need on your iOS device to stay up to date in technology.
- September 30, 2013 Initial release
- October 11, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- December 12, 2013 New version 1.1
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.1.1