App DescriptionWhich immense meat-eating dinosaur had a brain both the size and the shape of a banana? Did you know that Triceratops had 432 teeth? Have we really found dinosaurs with their skin and muscles still intact after 146 million years? And which prehistoric animal still exists today? To these questions, and many more, Dinosaur Fact Files has the answers.
"…neatly designed with bitesize, accessible text. In fact, it looks like the sort of app that will teach us parents a thing or two, especially if we need to keep up with a know-it-all child!" – AppsPlayground.com
An exciting and colourful partwork, Dinosaur Fact Files builds up to a complete reference set uncovering the world of prehistoric animals. Each issue explores a different type of dinosaur, from Issue 1’s Iguanodon & other Giant Plant-Eaters to Issue 2’s Tyrannosaurus rex and Large Cretaceous Predators to Issue 3’s Stegosaurus & Other Spiked Dinosaurs. Within every issue are between 10 and 15 dinosaurs, each illustrated with outstanding colour artworks and each supported by expert text explaining the animal’s lifecycle, habitat and the location of its fossils. Lastly, a dinosaur quiz completes every issue.
From the meaning and pronunciation of dinosaur names to the stories of their fossil discoveries and how palaeontologists reconstructed the animals, from tiny dinosaurs to giant dinosaurs, from swimming dinosaurs to flying dinosaurs, from meat-eaters to fish-eaters to plant-eaters, from how dinosaurs hunted prey to how they digested food, and from the early Cambrian to the late Pleistocene, Dinosaur Fact Files explores a huge span of life on Earth millions of years ago.
In childhood, we are fascinating by the size of dinosaurs, the names of which are some of the first long words that we learn, while in adulthood our interest in the magnificence and mystery of prehistoric animals remains.
Dinosaur Fact Files is an accessible and authoritative work that investigates the latest theories about prehistoric life. Packed with facts and fun, Dinosaur Fact Files is an interactive app – perfect for sharing as you read, explore and learn.
Issue 1 is absolutely FREE, while subsequent issues are available at £2.99 each, or in a monthly subscription at £4.99.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
- The cost of renewal will match the initial subscription price
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
February 12, 2014 New version 1.1
January 07, 2014 Initial Release