Fixed some issues with some crashing on startup for some devices.
Spellcaster: The Forgotten Spell is an interactive fantasy novel set in Suidemor, where danger lurks around every corner. Solve puzzles and cast magic as you seek the Forgotten Spell, a curse cast over the King of the Elder Fey.
Journey to the city of the Faeries populated by magical fey who trade in mystical crafts and weave magical spells. Encounter strange and weird creatures - trolls, leprechauns, goblins, imps and hags. Use your elven heritage to wield powerful spells as well as your wits to solve fiendish riddles and puzzles. Will you survive in this strange world?
Featuring over thirty full colour images with hundreds of unique choices, your journey to Suidemor will never be the same!
** REVIEWS **
"Set in an enchanting yet nightmarish fantasy world and packed with gorgeous illustrations, Spellcaster: The Forgotten Spell draws you in from the first sentence and provides a solid companion piece to Tin Man's other gamebook adaptations" - Pocket Gamer - 8 out of 10 - Silver Award!
"For all it sets out to do, Spellcaster: The Forgotten Spell is a fine start to what is supposed to be a trilogy." - Arcade Sushi - 8 out of 10
"Every page has a new twist and you never know what’s going to happen next. I think it’s refreshing compared to just reading a normal story, you actually have a say in how the story goes. Its like you are the authors assistant! I can‘t wait to play one of the many Tin Man Games again!" - Ladies of the Round Table (junior journalist)
** FEATURES **
• Become a powerful spellcaster! Terrify foes, send them to sleep, ward off evil magic and discover new spells!
• Uncover the history of Suidemor and meet warlocks, goblins, elves and trolls!
• Match wits with the inhabitants of Suidemor and solve tricky puzzles.
• Access your spellbook at any time and learn the secrets of the Fey.
• Full colour illustrations bring the city of the Faeries to life!
• Achievements to find throughout the gamebook as you play.
The Forgotten Spell has been brought to iOS using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
• Universal iOS support. Buy the app once and it works on all your devices!
• Read the book horizontally or vertically on your iPad.
• An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
• Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
• Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages!
• Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
- October 11, 2013 Initial release
- November 06, 2013 New version 1.10
- November 15, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- November 20, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 02, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 03, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- December 04, 2013 New version 1.20
- December 20, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- December 30, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- March 23, 2014 New version 1.3.8
- September 10, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- September 16, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- October 27, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- November 04, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- November 27, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- June 08, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> FREE!
- June 15, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $5.99
- November 26, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- December 14, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- December 16, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- January 05, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $5.99
- July 12, 2016 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99