OmniOutliner 2.4 for iOS is a major update adding support for iCloud Drive (BETA) and includes a number of bug fixes. This release requires iOS 8.3 or later.
• Document Browser: The Document Browser can now support external document storage providers such as iCloud Drive. (BETA)
• Exports: A second MS Word export format has been added, DOCX (indented), which will replicate the outline structure outside of outline mode.
• Accessibility: Significant work has been done to improve VoiceOver support.
• Outline View: Tap and hold on a row will now correctly unselect the previously selected row.
• Outline View: When creating a new document from the default template, it will once again open with focus in the first row.
• Attachments: The first time an attachment with a duplicate name is added, it will now be correctly renamed.
• Exports: The docx exports will use the sort order instead of the document order when applicable.
• Exports: The docx exports have been changed to translate background colors to borderless cell fills which allows for a much greater color range than the highlight function.
• Exports: The docx exports should now correctly handle row numbering that are formatted to have a prefix and/or suffix but no numbering format.
• Exports: Docx export will now scale down images to fit a 8.5x11" size paper in Word instead of just scaling down to the column width of the OmniOutliner document.
• Exports: Exporting to docx when there is an image attachment far down in the document will no longer result in a corrupt docx file.
• Exports: The HTML exports will now correctly format duration values.
• Document Browser: RTF files will now be visible in the document browser.
• Stability: Fixed a crash that occurred when Quick Looking an image after viewing other options in the popover.
• Stability: Fixed a crash exporting to DOCX caused by certain attachments.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner, please consider rating it in the App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
OmniOutliner starts as a blank page. But as you collect, compose, and rearrange text, its powerful outlining features emerge to organize your ideas. Hierarchy, columns, styling, notes — use them all in concert or keep things simple, depending on the project at hand. From basic lists and tables to serious writing and data wrangling, OmniOutliner understands how to keep your work structured and tidy.
Why choose OmniOutliner for iOS?
COMFORT: OmniOutliner was designed with speed and ease in mind, especially for data entry. Carefully-planned keyboard interactions and the ever-present Edit bar make it straightforward to add and rearrange items. Your ideas are what’s important — OmniOutliner just helps you get them in order.
STRUCTURE: Expand and collapse groups to concentrate on what’s important now. Use the Add row button's flyout mode to put new items right where you need them. And of course, just drag items around when you need to rearrange the order. If you need to make a bigger change, use Edit mode to move or modify a bunch of rows at once.
COLUMNS: Checkboxes, formatted numbers, pop-up lists, dates… Keep track of any number of different fields in each row. If you have too many columns to see at once, you can hide some. Or just drag around to get at the ones you’re interested in. You can even sort your rows by any column, then restore their original order.
STYLES: Thanks to the included templates and styles, you may never need to adjust anything yourself. But if you want to, check out our custom rich-text editor, with more detailed styling than you’re likely to find anywhere else on iOS. Save your favorites as named styles, for quick and consistent styling across your document. Configure rows to be styled based on their hierarchy. You can even apply styles from a template to your current document.
NOTES: Inline notes make it easy to keep track of ideas for future revisions, ancillary content, reviewers’ comments, ill-considered notions, snide jokes, and other miscellaneous info. You can attach notes to any row in a document, and show or hide them individually or en masse. And of course, notes can be styled just as precisely as the main content.
LINKS & ATTACHMENTS: Web addresses you type automatically get linkified. And any image you can copy and paste, from tiny embellishments to sketches from a drawing app to full-sized photos, can be placed right in your outline.
SHARING: OmniOutliner has no shortage of ways to share your documents. Sync your documents automatically via OmniPresence, our sync technology, or send them via email in several formats: OmniOutliner, OPML, HTML, DOCX, CSV, or plain text.
New features to OmniOutliner 2 include:
• Templates: Turn any document into a reusable template, or use one of the beautiful built-in options.
• Style Theming: Use the styles from an existing template to style any other document.
• External keyboard support: Outline faster! Navigate around your document, rearrange rows, and add new content, all without touching the screen.
• Folders: Organize your many outlines with folders. If you sync with OmniPresence, the same folders appear on your Mac.
• Export formats: Share more flexibly with the new DOCX and CSV formats.
SUPPORT: If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
- September 27, 2013 Initial release
- October 11, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- October 29, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- October 31, 2013 New version 2.0.3
- April 15, 2014 New version 2.0.4
- June 03, 2014 New version 2.1
- June 29, 2014 New version 2.2
- September 18, 2014 New version 2.2.1
- September 28, 2014 New version 2.2.2
- March 20, 2015 New version 2.3
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.3.1
- May 16, 2015 New version 2.3.2
- August 25, 2015 New version 2.4