The "Update more often" setting now updates a bit more often.
Other misc small fixes.
Put a mini map on your Pebble smart watch, and get turn-by-turn directions to a destination!
Please also install the watchface from the Pebble App Store.
- Main mode: Map + current address at bottom
- Hit up button: Turn-by-turn arrow + instructions
- Hit down button: Turn-by-turn arrow + map
- Hit middle button: Pops up a menu for zoom, grayscale and GPS controls. Keep hitting middle to rotate through and/or dismiss
- Turn-by-turn requires a destination to be set in the iOS app first!
Map types: Terrain, Satellite, Hybrid and Streetmap
Map depth: Black&White, Grayscale, or color
Walking and driving directions
Optional buzzes to alert you to upcoming turns
Address book integration
Control zoom level and map depth from the watch
Built-in battery saving techniques:
- Phone GPS shuts off after a few minutes if not using the watchface.
- Intelligent background updating to minimise CPU time in the background (iPhone 5 or later)
Unless you are running in an LE-only mode (such as Pebble Round), you can only have one third-party iOS app talking to your Pebble at once.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapsGPS uses data to download maps and directions. A wifi or cellular connection to the internet is required.
Turn-by-turn directions is available in most countries, but not completely worldwide - please see this list to see if your country is supported: https://www.apple.com/au/ios/feature-availability/
- December 07, 2013 Initial release
- February 04, 2014 New version 1.2.0
- March 03, 2014 New version 1.3.0
- August 05, 2014 New version 1.4.0
- September 24, 2014 New version 1.5.0
- October 14, 2014 New version 2.0.0
- November 12, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- December 16, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- March 05, 2015 New version 2.0.3
- June 16, 2015 New version 3.0.0
- June 16, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- August 17, 2015 New version 3.0.1
- January 09, 2016 New version 3.1
- March 12, 2016 New version 3.2
- June 22, 2016 New version 3.2.1