- [Sorry everyone, while this new feature was working fine in beta, is currently not working properly in the release version. Will fix in a bug fix release if can't fix other ways] MapsGPS now acts as a routing app within iOS. This means you can now use the normal Apple Maps app to search for your destination, then using the Share feature to send that destination to MapsGPS.
- Due to the new auto-connect connection model, there were some unnecessary map fetches when the watchapp may not have even been running. The app is now a bit stricter about this.
- Related to this, if any users continue to have issues with MapQuest maps not working due to the API limits, you can now manually enter your own personal API key that MapsGPS will use in preference to it's own built-in one. Keys are available at developers.mapquest.com. This advanced setting can be found inside the iOS Settings app.
Put a mini map on your Pebble smart watch, and get turn-by-turn directions to a destination!
Please also install the watchface from the Pebble App Store.
- Main mode: Map + current address at bottom
- Hit up button: Turn-by-turn arrow + instructions
- Hit down button: Turn-by-turn arrow + map
- Hit middle button: Pops up a menu for zoom, grayscale and GPS controls. Keep hitting middle to rotate through and/or dismiss
- Turn-by-turn requires a destination to be set in the iOS app first!
Map types: Terrain, Satellite, Hybrid and Streetmap
Map depth: Black&White, Grayscale, or color
Walking and driving directions
Optional buzzes to alert you to upcoming turns
Address book integration
Control zoom level and map depth from the watch
Built-in battery saving techniques:
- Phone GPS shuts off after a few minutes if not using the watchface.
- Intelligent background updating to minimise CPU time in the background (iPhone 5 or later)
Unless you are running in an LE-only mode (such as Pebble Round), you can only have one third-party iOS app talking to your Pebble at once.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapsGPS uses data to download maps and directions. A wifi or cellular connection to the internet is required.
Turn-by-turn directions is available in most countries, but not completely worldwide - please see this list to see if your country is supported: https://www.apple.com/au/ios/feature-availability/
- December 07, 2013 Initial release
- February 04, 2014 New version 1.2.0
- March 03, 2014 New version 1.3.0
- August 05, 2014 New version 1.4.0
- September 24, 2014 New version 1.5.0
- October 14, 2014 New version 2.0.0
- November 12, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- December 16, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- March 05, 2015 New version 2.0.3
- June 16, 2015 New version 3.0.0
- June 16, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- August 17, 2015 New version 3.0.1
- January 09, 2016 New version 3.1
- March 12, 2016 New version 3.2