What's NewPLEASE NOTE:
The old version of the watchapp WILL crash, you MUST have v2.2 to work properly. Unfortunately, at the moment the Pebble App Store still tries to give you the older one sometimes. If you are having issues, download the PBW direct from http://tinyurl.com/lhqsojj
- Compass support added. The map can now rotate as you do, so you know exactly which way is which - toggle compass rotation in preferences or on the watch itself (NB the on-watch toggle replaces the previous GPS toggle)
- Re-launching the watchapp now automatically restarts the GPS on phone if the iOS app's Bluetooth connection to the watch is still working
- Directions should appear on the watch in your own language. Supports lots of languages at the moment (German, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, etc), but just let me know via email (email@example.com) if I managed to miss yours in particular and I can add it.
- iOS 8 fixes - the address and contacts/recent locations bars are now better behaved and don't hide behind the keyboard...
- Fixed settings bug that wouldn't enable buzzes properly
- Directions map now keeps your location in the middle of the map
- iPhone 6/6 Plus screen size support
- New icon
App DescriptionPut a mini map on your Pebble smart watch, and get turn-by-turn directions to a destination!
Please also install the watchface from the Pebble App Store.
- Main mode: Map + current address at bottom
- Hit up button: Turn-by-turn arrow + instructions
- Hit down button: Turn-by-turn arrow + map
- Hit middle button: Pops up a menu for zoom, grayscale and GPS controls. Keep hitting middle to rotate through and/or dismiss
- Turn-by-turn requires a destination to be set in the iOS app first!
Map types: Terrain, Satellite, Hybrid and Streetmap
Map depth: Black&White or Grayscale
Walking and driving directions
Optional buzzes to alert you to upcoming turns
Address book integration
Control zoom level and map depth from the watch
Built-in battery saving techniques:
- Phone GPS shuts off after a few minutes if not using the watchface.
- Intelligent background updating to minimise CPU time in the background (iPhone 5 or later)
You can only have one third-party iOS app talking to your Pebble at once.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
PebbGPS uses data to download maps and directions. A wifi or cellular connection to the internet is required.
Turn-by-turn directions is available in most countries, but not completely worldwide - please see this list to see if your country is supported: https://www.apple.com/au/ios/feature-availability/
October 18, 2014 New version 2.0.0
March 02, 2014 New version 1.3.0
February 05, 2014 New version 1.2.0
November 13, 2013 New version 1.1.0
October 06, 2013 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release