OmniPlan for iOS v2.4 is a major update that adds automatic document syncing through OmniPresence, support for iPad Pro, and displays hardware keyboard shortcuts.
• OmniPresence Syncing: Support for syncing your documents between devices is now available through OmniPresence. View the help documentation for more information on how to use it.
• Keyboard Shortcuts: When using a wireless keyboard, hold down the Command key to see a list of the relevant keyboard shortcuts at your disposal.
• Resource Icons: Updated the look of the resource, staff, and group icons to match the icons introduced in OmniPlan v3.0 for the Mac.
• Calendar Work Hours: Fixed an issue where the calendar headings were being pushed off to the right side of the screen.
• Calendar Work Hours: Adjusted the margins of the working hours calendar so it's easier to select and manipulate time blocks now.
• Task Inspector: Re-added the ability to select and modify multiple selected tasks while in Edit Mode.
• Stability: Fixed a crash involving the import of large MS Project MPP files.
• Stability: Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to open a project from a server repository.
• Stability: Fixed a crash that could occur if a resource's efficiency was changed to nil in Change Tracking.
For more details, please see the longer release notes which are available from the gear menu in the file browser.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email [email protected], call 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or tweet @omniplan.
If OmniPlan empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniPlan and make them more productive too.
OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go. OmniPlan provides features like Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, and milestones to let you manage all of your activities. OmniPlan helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
Why choose OmniPlan for iOS:
• Publish & Subscribe: Stop, collaborate, listen. Make changes to your project and see those from your collaborators with syncing; customize your availability and have your colleagues' calendars update instantly. Email the Gantt chart to others as PDF, or send them task lists as HTML.
• Change Tracking: Use change tracking to keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes (task by task or en masse) from your collaborators.
• Friendly Interface: We designed OmniPlan to help you spend your time on more worthy pursuits than trying to figure out how to use project management software. OmniPlan's intuitive approach helps you get things done and stays out of your way while doing so.
• Efficient resource allocation: With OmniPlan's resource management, you can identify bottlenecks in your project and distribute workloads fairly and efficiently.
• Visual timelines: The Timeline (or Gantt Chart) view of your project displays activities in a calendar. Durations for each task are shown graphically in a time-phased diagram by day, week, month, quarter, or year. The Gantt view shows task start and stop times, dependencies, resources, or resource usage by task, all on a timeline. You can visually edit tasks and create dependencies by connecting them in the Gantt view.
• Violations: If your schedule has a logical impossibility, OmniPlan displays a violation window with an explanation of the problem and suggestions of possible solutions (and links that automatically resolve the violation).
New features to OmniPlan 2 include:
• OmniPlan Pro: An In-App Purchase feature that allows you to import MS Project 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (.mpp) files, as well as export to MS Project 2013 (.mpp).
• Scheduling Influences: We've introduced a new feature to tell you why OmniPlan has scheduled a task when it has. You can try it out by selecting a task and going to the Task : Scheduling popover.
• AirDrop Support: You can send an OmniPlan document from the document browser to other AirDrop-supported iOS devices.
• Critical Path: OmniPlan displays your project's critical path, which is the series of tasks that are necessary in order for your project to finish on schedule.
• Add resource from Contacts: Add resources to your OmniPlan project from your iOS device's Contacts app.
• Set as default from New Tasks: Default task attributes can be configured per project for faster task creation.
• Task Label Prefixes: You can now customize the task labels to the left and right of a task bar with WBS/Position numbering, Unique ID, or other attributes from a task.
• Task Bar Thickness Adjustment: The task bar thickness in the Gantt chart will adjust to iOS8's dynamic text size setting.
• Resource-based Task Colors: Task bars can now be automatically colored based on their Resource assignment.
SUPPORT: If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omniplan.
- June 06, 2014 Initial release
- July 19, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- September 18, 2014 Price decrease: $59.99 -> $49.99
- September 19, 2014 New version 2.0.3
- March 12, 2015 New version 2.1
- April 14, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- July 01, 2015 New version 2.1.2
- September 16, 2015 New version 2.2
- September 26, 2015 New version 2.3
- October 22, 2015 New version 2.3.1
- November 02, 2015 New version 2.4