OmniFocus 2.8 adds 3D Touch launch shortcuts to the OmniFocus app icon and fixes bugs. (This update requires iOS 9.)
In case you missed it, OmniFocus 2.7 for iPhone added support for iOS 9 features such as integration with system-wide searches. It also added support for pasting multiple actions at once from other apps such as Notes.
• 3D Touch Shortcuts: Added 3D Touch launch shortcuts to the OmniFocus icon. On iPhone 6S and 6S Plus you can launch directly into a New Inbox Item, the OmniFocus Home Screen, the last item you were viewing, or Today (in Pro, this is the Perspective you've chosen for the Today widget if applicable). These are dynamic shortcuts, so they won't work appear until this version of OmniFocus has been launched at least once.
• Crash Pasting: Prevented a crash when pasting short strings of text into the outline.
• Sync Log: Adjusted the layout of the sync log for clarity.
• New Inbox Item Button: Stopped this button from disappearing during an incoming sync.
• Sharing from Notes: Sharing to OmniFocus from Apple Notes has been restored.
• Stale Notifications: Notifications are now cleared when the database is reset.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email [email protected], call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @omnifocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Thank you for your interest in OmniFocus 2! We encourage anyone considering OmniFocus to purchase our universal app rather than this iPhone-only app. The universal app adds new features and is designed for all iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
The universal app is the same price as this iPhone-only app, but it’s a better deal.
This app is still in the App Store so we can continue to offer updates to our existing customers, and so they can use Complete My Bundle to switch to the universal app without having to pay full price.
If you're a new customer considering OmniFocus, we encourage you to follow the Related Apps links to our universal OmniFocus 2 app (the one with a black checkmark on the icon, rather than this one with the white checkmark).
If you've been using OmniFocus 2 for iPhone and would like to start using OmniFocus on your Apple Watch or iPad, you can use Complete My Bundle with the OmniFocus Universal Bundle to get full credit for your existing investment in OmniFocus. (If you previously purchased OmniFocus 2 for iPad, you don't even need to Complete My Bundle! Check your Purchased apps: the universal update is free.)
If you own this app and don’t need the universal app, you’ll still get major free updates: features such as Dark Mode, Swipe to Flag, and Push-Triggered Syncing are on the way. Stay tuned!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
- September 19, 2013 Initial release
- September 20, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- October 15, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- January 22, 2014 New version 2.1
- February 19, 2014 New version 2.1.1
- July 16, 2014 New version 2.2
- September 14, 2014 New version 2.3
- September 16, 2014 New version 2.3.1
- November 05, 2014 New version 2.3.3
- November 21, 2014 New version 2.4
- December 12, 2014 New version 2.4.1
- December 31, 2014 New version 2.4.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 2.4.3
- March 04, 2015 New version 2.4.4
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.5
- April 28, 2015 New version 2.5.1
- May 06, 2015 Price increase: $19.99 -> $39.99
- May 12, 2015 New version 2.5.2
- May 27, 2015 New version 2.5.3
- July 16, 2015 New version 2.6
- August 28, 2015 New version 2.6.1
- September 05, 2015 New version 2.6.2
- September 16, 2015 New version 2.7
- September 25, 2015 New version 2.8