148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: OMNIPOTENT :: Read Our Full Review >>
OmniFocus 2 for iPhone is a task management app for people who absolutely need a comprehensive app that can do a lot, even if it can be a bit convoluted.
What's NewOmniFocus for iPhone 2.3.1 fixes a crash that appeared in version 2.3. It also adds iOS 8 Extensions for capturing content from other apps and displaying OmniFocus actions in Notification Center.
â€¢ The OmniFocus Today Extension displays a list of actions due today in Notification Center. This list is analogous to the Today section of Forecast within OmniFocus. To add the Today Extension, use the Edit button at the very bottom of Notification Center.
â€¢ OmniFocus now appears as a recipient when tapping the Share button in other iOS apps. You can add shared content directly to a Project or Context, or to your Inbox by leaving those fields blank. If OmniFocus doesn't initially appear in the Share popover, it may need to be enabled via the "Moreâ€¦" button at the end of the recipient list.
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
App DescriptionOmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, youâ€™ll always have your important information at hand, whether itâ€™s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at homeâ€”whatever you need.
Weâ€™ve refreshed the entire user interface for iOS 7. Weâ€™ve also gone deeper and reorganized some of the navigation to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas from your head to this app, and update them as you make progress towards your goals.
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac). Syncs can even happen when youâ€™re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
- Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omniâ€™s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when youâ€™re not looking at OmniFocus.
- Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
- Plan your dayâ€™s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
- Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
- Tell Siri whatâ€™s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
- Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
- Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
- Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
- Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
For more information, please watch the video on our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, weâ€™d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
October 02, 2014 New version 2.3.1
July 17, 2014 New version 2.2
February 19, 2014 New version 2.1.1
January 25, 2014 New version 2.1
October 15, 2013 New version 2.0.2
September 20, 2013 New version 2.0.1
September 18, 2013 Initial Release