- A new feature is available in the Frequency module that displays the overtones/harmonics of the fundamental pitch selected from the main table of pitches.
- French localization is now available.
- Optimized for iOS 7, including several UI modifications (the app appears largely unchanged under iOS 6.1).
- The mail client launched by the Feedback button no longer adopts the look of the app, which should prevent it from unexpectedly disappearing.
From calculating the tempo for linear media to filtering frequencies in the construction of scales, Pocket Audio Tools serves as a sonic Swiss army knife to save composers and sound designers time while in the throes of creativity.
Created by audiophiles Christian Floisand and George Hufnagl, the app offers four easy-to-use tools in its first version to both improve workflow and spur creative decisions.
Tempo Finder - Determines an exact tempo within a region of specified duration and number of beats.
SMPTE Timecode Calculator - A calculator for adding and subtracting SMPTE timecodes and Frames used in linear media.
Metric Modulation Calculator - Calculates the modulation from one time signature, note grouping and tempo to another.
Scale Frequency Display - Displays frequencies of all pitches in the MIDI range (0 - 127), which can be adjusted by the A440 tuning and filtered by a variety of criteria.
A helpful PDF guide which provides detailed descriptions of each feature for reference.
Have an idea on how to improve Pocket Audio Tools or want to suggest a brand new feature? Users will be able to provide feedback from within the app, which connects directly with the user’s email address.
Christian and George already have plans for updating Pocket Audio Tools with new features and improvements. A purchase of the app entitles the user to future updates and goes towards keeping Pocket Audio Tools alive!
- November 10, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 11, 2013 New version 1.2.6
- September 03, 2013 New version 1.1.2
- August 21, 2013 Initial release