Added word list to the home screen.
Special DISCOUNT $29.99>$14.99!
As Oxford's flagship American dictionary, the New Oxford American Dictionary sets the standard of excellence for lexicography in this country. With more than 350,000 words, phrases, and senses, hundreds of explanatory notes, and more than a thousand illustrations, this dictionary provides the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of American English available. The dictionary app includes about 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, available in both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations.
The dictionary draws on the two-billion-word Oxford English Corpus and the unrivaled citation files of the world-renowned Oxford English Dictionary to provide the most accurate and richly descriptive picture of American English ever offered in any dictionary. The Third Edition offers a thoroughly updated text, with revisions throughout and approximately 2,000 new words, phrases, and meanings. Many new words relate to fast-moving areas such as computing, technology, current affairs, and ecology, while others have recently entered the popular lexicon. Usage notes have also been updated in light of the most recent Corpus evidence.
Offering clear, authoritative, and precise information, with the in-depth and up-to-date coverage that users need and expect, the New Oxford American Dictionary is the benchmark by which all other American dictionaries are measured.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type
• A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words
• A wild card search function (*) which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word
A LEARNING TOOL
Including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words
• Discover more about language with the special language notes
• See words in context with example sentences
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
- January 08, 2015 New version 6.2
- December 14, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $14.99
- December 13, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $1.99
- November 25, 2014 New version 6.1.4
- May 01, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- April 20, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- April 10, 2014 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $14.99
- April 07, 2014 Price increase: $14.99 -> $29.99
- December 05, 2013 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $14.99
- December 02, 2013 Price increase: $14.99 -> $29.99
- July 31, 2013 Initial release