App DescriptionFor anyone who has ever spent time going back and forth from the thesaurus to the dictionary, in search of just the right word, the Oxford American Dictionary & Thesaurus is the perfect tool--an all-in-one desk reference offering the range and depth of a full dictionary, with a wide selection of synonyms and antonyms, plus valuable writing tips and information--all combined in one convenient, integrated volume.
•More than 150,000 words, phrases and definitions, plus approximately 184,000 synonyms and antonyms.
•Completely integrated dictionary and thesaurus texts, with the synonyms and antonyms directly following the dictionary definitions of their related part of speech.
•The thesaurus sections clearly differentiated from the dictionary text for optimal clarity and usability.
•Usage Notes, Word Links, Choose the Right Word boxes, and Word Toolkits
•Many new headwords and example sentences have been added to the latest edition, and the text has been revised throughout.
With definitions and synonyms grouped together, writers can now know instantly if a particular word is the one that best captures what they want to say. Authoritative, up to date, and attractively redesigned, the Oxford American Dictionary & Thesaurus is an essential resource for students, writers, and anyone else who wants to write clearly, precisely, and with power.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* Discover more about language with the special language notes
* See words in context with example sentences
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
July 31, 2013 Initial Release