The thrilling story continues in this massive Part 2 update, which adds all 65 maps covering 51 episodes, 14 challenges and over 800 minutes of audio content.
Created with the NHS and the UK's Department of Health, The Walk helps you walk more, every single day. When you’re playing The Walk, every step counts.
A bomb explodes in Inverness station, and you’re given a package that could save the world. To stay alive, you’ll need to walk the length of the UK. The Walk is more than just a great pedometer/step counter — it's a way to turn walking into a journey, a challenge, and a rip-roaring adventure.
Made by Six to Start and Naomi Alderman, creators of the world’s most popular running game with over 800,000 players, Zombies, Run!
ENGADGET - “Simple, fun, effective.”
JOYSTIQ - "Spices up your step-tracking with some danger and intrigue.”
BBC NEWS - “Encourages users to walk 10,000 steps-a-day to help improve their health”
LIFEHACKER - “You're motivated to actually get up and move around so you can progress further into the story, and it works really well.”
AWESOME ACTIVITY TRACKER
Just put your phone in your pocket or purse and we’ll track every walk and run you take — and map it, too!
You’ll walk the length of the UK while evading capture by the police and enemy agents. Can you work out who set off that bomb in the first place and what their plan is? Get ready for an epic adventure across 65 episodes, 800 minutes of audio, and hundreds of miles.
Get rewarded for walking more by collecting clues, scanning for information, and unlocking achievements.
The Walk adjusts its difficulty based on individual fitness levels. Everyone’s different, and we make sure we give you the right level of challenge!
OPTIMISED FOR M7 IN IPHONE 5S
Got the iPhone 5s? Then you’ll love The Walk — we use the M7 to count your steps even more accurately and with even less battery usage.
- Requires iOS 7. Works on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod Touch 5th gen.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. The Walk uses your phone’s accelerometer to measure your movement, and primarily uses wifi and cell towers to track location. We also use GPS sparingly when for tracking your walking routes.
- To maintain constant tracking, you’ll need to have ‘Background App Refresh’ set to ON for The Walk (Settings > General > Background App Refresh)
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thewalkgame
Join our mailing list: http://www.thewalkgame.com
- December 11, 2013 Initial release
- January 15, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- January 29, 2014 New version 1.1
- February 12, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- February 21, 2014 New version 1.2
- February 22, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 06, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 07, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- June 11, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- June 29, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- March 12, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- March 20, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99