Strange Loves 2: Hex Boyfriends is a funny, romantic, supernatural interactive novel full of spells, grellings, warlocks, demons, graveyards, magical hipsters, tortured artists, a dangerous reverend, and one pretty amazing book that may or may not destroy the world.
Return to Mountain State College in an all new supernatural adventure. This time you’ve got magical fingers, and you know how to use them. Learn spells, use magic, fight demons or become one, summon spirit animals, and fall in love all in one gamebook.
With hundreds of choices, you can read Hex Boyfriends again and again each time having a completely new experience.
Strange Loves 2: Hex Boyfriends has much of what you love about Strange Loves 1: Vampire Boyfriends plus a few surprises. Features include the option to choose your character's gender, beautiful artwork hand-drawn exclusively for the book, new music, seamless gameplay, bookmarks, achievements, the ability to tweet straight from the app, and a complex but fun story.
From Tin Man Games, purveyors of digital gamebooks such as the Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy series.
If you haven't already, check out Strange Loves 1: Vampire Boyfriends.
Praise for Strange Loves 1: Vampire Boyfriends:
“Best game ever.” - Reset Transmission
"Could it be the next big thing?" - Starburst Magazine
“...it's funny, a little sexy, and seriously entertaining.” - Touch Arcade
“I love pretty much everything about this game book.” - The Married Gamers
“The writing is punchy and fun.” - Kanji Games
“There's a strange blend of Barbie Super Model and Fifty Shades of Grey.” - Gamezebo
“You got your Tw*light in my Fighting Fantasy style Gamebook, and I'm glad.” - Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Parenting
“Cool name? Check. Does the game involve falling in love with a vampire? Yes. Do you play as a butt-kicking vampire slayer? Totally! Is there a bonus ending where you become a crazy cat lady? Of course. OK, so according to the checklist…this game gets an automatic 10 out of 10.” - Gamecola
“It certainly feels like there’s plenty to explore with loads of achievements to unlock along the way. The artwork, as always, is charming and distinctive.” - 148 apps
- August 22, 2013 Initial release
- October 31, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 03, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 28, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 02, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 20, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 29, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 16, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- April 04, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 29, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- July 14, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 16, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 05, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99