What's NewBug fix and Optimizations
App DescriptionThe natural world provides a series of colorful scenes during the course of one twenty-four-hour period, as white moon is superseded by golden sun above a host of active animals. Children will enjoy learning about the different colors of nature with this beautifully illustrated rhyme.
White is the Moon is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. The app is based on the book by the same name written and illustrated by Valerie Greeley.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Introduction to nature – sunrise and sunset
- Observe the changing color of the sky
- Introduce children to various animals of night and day.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- Name the animals/birds you’ve seen during the day/night.
- What is the difference between Sun and Moon
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
August 12, 2013 Initial Release