- Enabled for the new kids section in the Appstore.
- Removed in-between game web links
*** Please play our game and support our cause to stamp out cyberbullying! ***
Cybersafe is an app created by students from Goffs School UK to help children deal with cyberbullying through gaming.
This app contains 3 fun mini games - each tackling a different issue chosen by the students.
- Detective Charlee: An endless flying game which teaches children to collect cyberbully evidence, by taking screenshots of nasty comments on social networks, to email to a trusted friend or adult.
- PaS$w0rdBlockr: A challenging puzzle game which encourages children to keep their passwords safe and be wary of people hacking their online accounts.
- Goof Run: An endless running game with helpful cyberbully advice along the way, set in a colourful chatroom.
The student designers – aged 12-15 say:
"Cybersafe is a cyberbully advice game designed by children for children as online bullying is becoming a persistent problem. We, the students of Goffs School UK, designed three mini games in one app - not just to give children the opportunity to have fun and socialise but also to help them cope if they are being bullied or are in any way at a social disadvantage.
We wanted to give practical tips and skills on what to do and how to deal with cyberbullying through game play. Parents and adults who care about children’s online safety will find this a useful app too. There are links to the UK law enforcement agency CEOP which gives further help and offers a place to report abuse.
We are really ‘excite-ed’ that the Big Lottery funded Cybersafe's production and that we have the chance to help our peers on a global scale."
- July 23, 2013 Initial release
- November 19, 2013 New version 1.1