148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SEE WHAT'S ON THE AIR :: Read Our Full Review >>
This redesigned video streaming app offers some improvements for users looking to watch their video collections from a media server.
Fixed nasty bug on iPhone6+
This is our biggest update ever! We really hope you'll enjoy it.
Notable changes and new features:
- iPhone 6 and 6+ support
- Optimized for iOS 8
- New user interface. No pixel was left unturned.
- Background downloads
- Audio, Subtitle Sync adjustment
- Aspect Ratio adjustment
- Brightness, Contrast, Exposure adjustment (on newer devices)
- Playback settings (i.e. audio/subtitle selection) can be set during playback
- Temporary conversion files are automatically deleted
- More flexible mini player that is always visible
- Saner conversion and download settings
App DescriptionWhen we started working on Air Video HD we had one simple objective in mind: To build the best video streaming app technically possible. With the 2.0 release, we know we came to this closer than ever.
If you have your videos on your computer and want to enjoy them on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, this is the app for you.
Download and install the server software on your Mac or PC (Linux coming soon) and you’ll be watching your videos on your device in seconds. Going somewhere without network access? Download is just one tap away.
Don’t worry about video formats, codecs and bitrates, let Air Video HD handle the dirty details for you. If needed, Air Video HD will transparently transcode the video (“on fly”) so that it plays on all supported iOS devices, including Apple TV (with surround sound and soft subtitles). But we took special care to ensure that transcoding is only done when necessary. No matter what format the video is in, AVI, DivX, MKV and other videos just work.
Major Features in Air Video HD 2.0
* Beautiful user interface optimized for iOS 8. With special support for iPhone 6 and 6+, we make sure your valuable screen space is not wasted
* State of the art playback pipeline. We take our transcoding seriously. Support for soft subtitles, H.264 passthrough for your HD videos and surround sound on Apple TV will let you enjoy your media the way it is supposed to be.
* Video Download. Going somewhere without internet access? Air Video HD is the easiest way to get your videos to device. Simply browse to your video and press download. That's it. With one slider you decide if you want to prioritize video quality or save space on device.
* Synchronized settings. You can stop video on you iPhone and resume on your iPad. Playback settings (including subtitle and audio selection), history and many other are synchronized as well.
* History. Quickly navigate between previously visited folders and played files. See which videos have already been played and which are new. Did we mention that history can be synchronized across all your devices?
* Audio and Subtitle synchronization adjustment (2.0). Your subtitles being out-of-sync is no longer a problem, you can correct it in just few taps.
* Video playback speed control (2.0). In a hurry? Speed it up!
* Aspect ratio control (2.0). Now you can finally correct those those weird looking videos. Also works when playing Apple TV of course!
* Many other features waiting for you to explore
Note that Air Video HD will not play DRM protected videos. All video content purchased through iTunes includes DRM. Video podcast content is free and does not include DRM protection.
The free server software (available for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Microsoft Windows) is needed to stream and convert the videos and can be downloaded at http://airvideoapp.com .
November 01, 2014 New version 2.0.1
November 13, 2013 New version 1.0.3
September 28, 2013 New version 1.0.2
September 24, 2013 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release