148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: DELIGHTFUL READING :: Read Our Full Review >>
Marvin offers a fantastic reading experience for those who regularly view DRM-free eBooks.
What's New- Marvin is now a Universal app and will work on all your iPads, iPhones and iPod touches.
- Marvin is designed for iOS 7 and will work on any iOS 6+ device.
- See blog.marvinapp.com about the switch to Universal.
- Free app theme: Following Marvin on Twitter from the settings screen unlocks the Cool Blue app theme.
- This update contains several Dropbox optimisations. You might need to relink to Dropbox and enable location sync.
- Marvin now lets you link to your Dropbox account from the library screen (no need to go back to the home screen and go to the services settings page).
- Moved library shuffle function into sort menu.
- Moved library refresh button out of the organizer into the main library screen.
- [iPhone] Shows current sort in library screen.
- [iPad] Tighter spacing in library expanded view.
- [iPad] Shows series and series number in library condensed view.
- Improvements to the calibre connector and Marvin XD for calibre.
- Rearranged some settings in the “General” tab.
- Marvin remembers and applies correct hyphenation settings in Publisher Settings mode.
- Several EPUB compatibility improvements.
- Several UI enhancements and bug fixes.
App DescriptionMarvin is an eBook reader for people who are passionate about their books. Get Marvin and find out why readers are calling it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time"
ENJOY YOUR BOOKS
- A modern and clean user interface
- Format books any way you like
- High fidelity rendering
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books
- A selection of beautiful reading fonts
- Virtually unlimited combinations of text and background colors
- 2 column layouts in both portrait and landscape (iPad)
- Cloud location sync *
- Publisher layouts and embedded fonts
- Full book search
- Control page warmth and tint in addition to brightness for comfortable night-time reading
- Customizable gestures, swiping to control brightness and warmth, page turn directions, snapping to bookmarks and chapters, etc...
- A reading timer
- Powerful highlighting and annotation tools
- Create custom commands with presets to integrate with Google Maps, Bing Images, Tweetbot, IMDb, Lingvo, Goodreads, Facebook, Wikipedia, the Merriam-Webster dictionary and more
DISCOVER AND LEARN
- Artificial intelligence that reads your books and helps you discover great things about them, their authors, characters, places, events and everything else (English only)
- Intelligently search for and pin web content such as articles, reviews and videos
- Build character summaries as separate EPUBs in seconds
- Automatically build a vocabulary as you look up words in the dictionary
- Offline and online dictionaries
- Incredibly powerful library management tools
- Custom and smart collections (folders)
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Group books by word count
- Reads calibre and extended metadata (subjects, series and tags)
- A metadata editor that also lets choose new covers
- Virtually all the content you see, create and find can be exported and shared
- All exported content can be opened in web browsers and word processors for further reference
- Share status, progress, pictures, text selections and highlights to Facebook and Twitter
YOUR BOOKS, EVERYWHERE
- Find books anywhere in your Dropbox *
- Native calibre support with integration that other readers can only dream of
- OPDS catalogs
- Web downloads
- iTunes and email side-loading
- Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB 2.0 books
- Dropbox support and location sync requires a Dropbox account
If you're into DRM-free books, we've worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
November 22, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
November 22, 2013 New version 2.4
October 30, 2013 New version 2.3
October 19, 2013 New version 2.2.5
October 08, 2013 New version 2.2
September 29, 2013 New version 2.1.5
November 30, -0001 Initial Release