Minor updates. Have you tried our latest Grandma and Grandpa app, Grandma's Preschool?
Learn all about bugs with Grandma! This adventurous Grandma needs help identifying bugs, coloring butterflies, catching fireflies, spelling buggy words, matching letters on bees and flowers, building a spider web, and even finding a bug in her hair! Includes 10 mini-games and 8 instructional videos for ages 5 and under.
Parents, teachers, and kids are raving about Grandma Loves Bugs. Find out why!
TEN ACTION-PACKED MINI-GAMES!
1. Spot the Difference. One of those bugs is missing antennae... can you spot the one that is different?
2. Magic Coloring. Oops! That’s not the right color! Can you color it?
3. Letter Match. Send the bee to the right flower by matching upper and lower case letters.
4. Bug Spelling. Can you spell the word “wings”? Start with the first letter in the word!
5. Counting Fireflies. Can you put 8 fireflies into the jar? Be quick, they’re fast!
6. Number Groups. Which jar has 5 bugs?
7. Identify Bugs. Which one is the grasshopper?
8. Feed Baby Bird. Catch the bugs from mama’s beak to feed the baby bird!
9. Bug Matching. Touch a leaf to see what’s behind it. Can you match the bugs?
10. Build a Spider Web. Build a web and then test to see how many flies it will catch!
+ Ten educational mini-games.
+ Eight narrated videos of real bugs in nature.
+ Fun interactive add-ins: find bug on Grandma, caterpillar eats leaves, bug under magnifying glass.
+ Colorful graphics, professional-quality music, sound effects, and voices.
+ Dancing, animated Grandma!
+ Adult can select which mini-games are active.
+ Developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents. Tested by children.
+ Nature awareness (e.g. bug identification, bug anatomy, bug behavior, bugs as food for birds)
+ Colors: orange, brown, red, green, yellow, black, blue, pink
+ Numbers (counting, quantities, numeral recognition): 1-10
+ Observation skills (spot the difference)
+ Letters: upper and lower case letters A-Z
+ Memory: reveal bugs behind leaves and match each pair from memory
+ Problem solving: build a spider web that will catch all 10 flies
+ Vocabulary: butterfly, snail, spider, worm, ladybug, beetle, firefly, grasshopper, mosquito, dragonfly, moth, bumblebee, praying mantis, wasp, honeycomb, magnifying glass, ant, flea, tick, web, hive, shell, leaf, antenna, soil, abdomen, segments, and many other nature words.
Fairlady Media is committed to developing high-quality family-friendly games that provide excellent entertainment value. Please contact us if you have suggestions for improvement or to get technical issues resolved: [email protected]
If you choose to allow your children to use your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, we recommend that you keep your device in a protective cover and supervise your children at all times. :)
Other kids’ games by Fairlady Media:
+ Grandma's Garden (dancing Granny teaches preschool skills, ages 5 & under)
+ Grandpa's Workshop (high-fiving Grandpa teaches primary skills, ages 2-6)
+ Grandma’s Kitchen (fun and learning with Grandma and her wacky utensils, ages 4-7)
+ Grandpa In Space (blast off in your custom rocket to explore the solar system, ages 6-8)
Links that take the user outside the app are contained behind a Parental Gate.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- September 13, 2014 New version 1.3
- October 12, 2014 New version 1.4
- October 24, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- November 03, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- November 13, 2014 New version 1.5
- January 27, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- June 05, 2015 New version 1.6