- changed the keyboard layout to QWERTY
- changed the application icon
- minor bug fixes
Designed for Educators and Speech Language Pathologists who are working with students learning english, this app can be used in the classroom and home. The app includes a wide variety of words appropriate for the fourth grade - see below for a partial list.
A variety of scaffolding support has been built in including the following:
- 3 hint modes: letter, vowel or consonant, and vowel or consonant and letter
- normal and slow pronunciation for each word (tap on the sound button to hear the slow pronunciation)
- uppercase and lowercase options
This app uses a QWERTY keyboard layout. As a result of the built-in scaffolding, this app can be used for different levels of spellers. The variety of scaffolding support make this spelling app stand out. This is great for tutoring and independent play in the classroom.
The reward at the end of each level is a short optional balloon popping game. Pop as many balloons as you can in 30 seconds to see who has the fastest fingers.
Are you interested in joining our app testers group and influencing our future apps? Join us at tapfun.com and learn about our methodology and approach.
Tapfun works with educators to produce educational apps for elementary school children. Our apps are designed to complement and supplement school curricula.
Below is a partial list of the words in English for each level:
Level 1-5 - One Syllable Words
free, spin, band, pack, bath, dock, gold, pipe, club, shop
Level 6-9 - Words with Final Silent E.
cable, fable, gable, sable, stable, cradle, ladle, maple, staple, beetle
Level 10-13 - Various Vowel Sounds
angel, basis, cater, flagrant, fragrant, hasty, hatred, label, patent, sacred, statement, vacate
Level 14-16 - Sounds of ai, ou, ow & ea
paid, grain, staid, rail, flail, quail, snail, bound, found, ground, hound, mound, pound
Level 17-19 - Two Syllable Words
adage, ballast, rascal, lasso, antic, sadness, sandy, maggot, frenzy, empty, merit
Level 20-21 - Three Syllable Words
balcony, cavity, faculty, gravity, malady, vanity, amputate, absolute, altitude, ambulance, delicate, desolate, devastate
Level 22-25 - Miscellaneous Sounds
flung, swine, snore, charge, tinge, goose, wealth, screw, flake, flash
Level 26-29 - Long Sounds of I&U, Short Sounds of E&I
contend, content, intend, intent, dissect, detest, detect, inspect, object, respect
Level 30 - Silent Letters
lamb, comb, tomb, dumb, numb, bomb, crumb, thumb, debt, doubt, psalm, debtor, doubtful, subtle
- June 27, 2013 Initial release
- August 05, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- August 11, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $3.99
- August 28, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 09, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- November 27, 2013 New version 2.0
- December 18, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 21, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- February 28, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 24, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- August 16, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99