Bugfixes and improvements
* Recommended - pappasappar.se
** We're proud to announce that Gro Recycling is used in sustainability education by thousands of schools and preschools in the USA and Europe! **
Have you ever tasted trash?
Thought so, but for some, your old shoe box or your empty tin can, is yummie-yum! Meet our groovy recycling bins and feed them everyday garbage. But who likes what? Try out and see for yourself - their reactions will surely help you figure out each character’s favorites.
But where does all the trash go? Find out and make new products out of the garbage you’ve sorted by playing with the funky recycling machines. Pull the levers, click the buttons, spin the cog wheels and play along with the music. Whatever you produce - a bottle of lemonade, a jar of jam or a can of pinapple rings - it will come in handy. Banja the rabbit throws a picnic for her friends, and you’re invited!
Leftovers and garbage from the picnic is yummie for the hungry recycling bins. Let’s visit them again and do it all over!
GRO RECYCLING is a circular kids app – a play cycle – about recycling. It is foremost a fun game, but also a pedagogic way for kids and their parents to learn about taking care of our planets resources.
• 9 different recycling bin characters
• 6 different machines (all with unique music)
• More than 100 different pieces of garbage
• Kid-friendly interface
• Hand-made environment
• No in-app purchases
• No third-party advertising
“Gro Play really seizes the opportunity to early give children a foundation for learning about sustainability.", says Ingrid Pramling Samuelsson, World president of OMEP and UNESCO Chair man in Early Childhood Education and Sustainable Development.
“Play is not only the most fun way to learn, but also the most powerful. We want to entertain and inspire children and parents. Together we can create a more sustainable future.”, says Patricia Richter, CEO and co-founder of Gro Play.
ABOUT GRO PLAY
We are an independent creative studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, that offers eco-educational toys, games and apps. Gro Play is a founded by the social entrepreneur Patricia Richter, and is the proud winner of the Swedish Living Green award 2012.
Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/GroPlay
Visit our website: www.GroPlay.com
- June 27, 2013 Initial release
- July 04, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- July 13, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 10, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- October 24, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- October 25, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 17, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- January 19, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- October 23, 2014 New version 1.1
- April 16, 2015 New version 1.1.1