Emotions 2 from I Can Do Apps is an educational tool designed in collaboration with a Speech Language Pathologist. This app is designed to work on identifying, developing understanding and increasing interpretation of feelings. Emotions 2 focuses on helping individuals identify different facial expressions using real faces and test understanding of emotions in a non-threatening way via scenarios. Emotions 2 includes more complex emotions including - tired, calm, grumpy, excited, proud, sick, bored and frustrated.
Emotions 2 from I Can Do Apps is ideal for parents, teachers, therapists and individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, social language disorders and/or behavioral challenges.
Identifying, understanding, and responding to emotions are very important skills for individuals to develop in order to behave and interact appropriately in social situations. These skills help individuals to develop relationships with others, identify feelings in themselves and others. Taking perspective/using theory of mind is a complex skill for individuals with social language/pragmatic deficits.
- Teaching tool for speech and language development
- Pictures of real faces
- Developed by a Speech Language Pathologist
- Option to hear questions read
- Random questions - no two sessions are alike
- Manually flip pages for teaching purposes
- Multiple levels with increasing difficulty
- Randomized auditory reinforcement
- Data collection after every ten questions
- Turn on/off written words
- Turn on/off audio reinforcement after answer selected
- No In-App purchases
- No ads
- Aligned with the Common Core Standards (CCS)
- "Parental gate" to view our other apps
- We don’t collect personal information
Follow us on Twitter: @ICanDoApps
FaceBook: I Can Do Apps LLC
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- September 23, 2015 New version 1.3.1
- June 22, 2016 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99