- This app is now fully compatible with iOS7
Armchair philosophy just got a lot more user-friendly. The Inkling version of The Philosophy Book brings the book’s innovative approach for breaking down complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts to your iPad and iPhone, so that it’s even easier to understand major philosophical movements.
Not only do all of the book’s creative graphics and eye-catching typography look gorgeous on the high-res screens of iPad and iPhone, but there are also new features unique to the Inkling version. Scan a quick outline of the book in a glance, and find any topic or word with a built-in search engine. You can even make share what you’re reading directly to Facebook and Twitter, and your friends can access it for free.
- Social Sharing: Want your friends and family to see how erudite you’re becoming? Instantly share what you’re reading to Facebook, Twitter, or email with just a few taps, and your friends can read what you shared for free.
- Optimized for the Screen: Discovering the wisdom of the sages has never been easier. All of the content from the beloved print book has been re-imagined for your favorite devices.
- Search: Can’t remember the who, what, when or where? Search anything, and Inkling looks through the whole book—as well as Google and Wikipedia.
- Bookmarks and Highlights: Make highlights, and bookmark anything, including pages, maps and websites. It’s all saved to your notebook that lives inside your guide for easy reference and syncs between devices, so what you bookmark at home on your iPad is ready on your iPhone at a moment’s notice.
Bonus feature on iPad, PC & Mac:
- Notes: It’s easy to make notes anywhere in the guide that can even include web links. All notes are also saved to your guide’s searchable and personalized notebook.
- June 09, 2014 Initial release
- November 07, 2016 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $3.99