• New and improved design
• New features
- Ballistics Coefficient Calculator (using simplified method, 5 basic shapes, rough estimate only)
- Day/Night mode
- Range finder now has units in meters or yards/feet
- Worldwide weather view showing next 5 days and nights
• Improved screen handling for iPad and landscape modes (fix for landscape camera views)
• Various bug fixes
Shooting Accessories contains a growing list of useful utilities aimed at the field or sporting shooter for airguns, rifles and shotguns.
Uniquely provides the only live training tool for showing approximate holdover or lead when practicing sporting clays, skeet or clay pigeon shooting available anywhere - follow the clay with your device to see approximate lead.
Please note: This is not a sales app or a game.
Currently provided are:-
• Torch (includes variable brightness).
• Compass with rotating back/face plate for bearing and direction of travel.
• Range finder (Uses triangulation method, very good results out to approx 100 m, fair results from 100 to 300 m depending on height of phone above target base level).
• Height finder (Uses triangulation method, very good results up to approx 100 m, fair results from 100 to 300 m).
• Shotgun lead or holdover training utility, uses camera and virtual shotgun to approximate lead/holdover, adjustable scaling available for fine tuning lead amount for different loads and to help with various clays such as standard, midi, mini etc.
• Ballistic Coefficient (BC) Calculator using simplified method requires bullet Diameter (imperial/metric), Weight (grains), Shape (supports 5 basic bullet shapes, SWC/HP, RoundNose, Spitzer/Spire Point, Boattail, Boattail HP) provides a fair estimate of BC for a wide range of bullets.
• Solar phases (Next 60 days are shown, plots Sunrise/Sunset, Twilight start/end, Moonrise/Moonset for any location in the world, selectable on the map).
• Moon phases (Next 60 days are shown, Northern and Southern hemisphere are available, defaults to Northern)
• Worldwide weather view is provided (Approx next 5 days, select any location on the map).
• Day/Night mode to dim displays for use at night.
Further utilities will be added over time as they are developed which will create one of the most useful field toolkits available to shooters on the appstore!.
Suggestions for other features are most welcome.
• Internet connection is required for some services.
• Calculations are provided using widely published methods but these may not accurately reflect real scenarios and therefore no guarantee is provided for any use of the results obtained.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- November 05, 2016 New version 2.4.9