App DescriptionShooting Accessories contains a growing list of useful utilities aimed at the field or sporting shooter for airguns, rifles and shotguns.
Possibly the only live training tool for showing approximate holdover when practicing sporting clays such as, skeet or clay pigeon shooting available anywhere to day.
Please note: This is not a sales app or a game.
Currently provided are:-
- Torch (includes variable brightness IOS 6.1).
- Compass with rotating back/face plate for bearing and direction of travel.
- Range finder (Uses triangulation method, excellent results out to approx 100 m, fair results from 100 to 300 m depending on height of phone above target base level).
- Height finder (Uses triangulation method, excellent results up to approx 100 m, fair results from 100 to 300 m).
- Shotgun lead or holdover training utility, uses camera and virtual shotgun to approximate lead/holdover, adjustable scaling available for fine tuning lead amount for different loads and to help with various clays such as standard, midi, mini etc.
- Solar phases (Next 60 days are shown, plots Sunrise/Sunset, Twilight start/end, Moonrise/Moonset for any location in the world, selectable on the map).
- Moon phases (Next 60 days are shown, Northern and Southern hemisphere are available, defaults to Northern)
- Additionally a UK weather view is provided (Approx next 5 days, generated from metoffice prediction data for any of the roughly 4,000 UK metoffice standard locations, select any UK location on the map).
Further utilities will be added over time as they are developed turning this into one of the most useful field toolkits available to shooters on the appstore to date!.
June 13, 2013 Initial Release