Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Everything you know about stretching is wrong. Performance Stretching will show you how to do it right.
Most people learned back in elementary school that they should do static stretching (where you hold a stretch for a few minutes) before running or engaging in sports to prevent injury. It turns out that static stretching before a workout not only decreases athletic performance, it can actually increase the risk of injury.
The right way to get ready for an intense workout is dynamic stretching: This active form of stretching moves your muscles through the full range of motion to increase your blood flow, reduce tightness, deliver important nutrients to muscles, and improve your athletic performance. Performance Stretching will show you the most effective type of warm up for running and nearly every type of sport. Add it before any activity and you will be amazed by how much your performance improves.
No matter how well you warm up, athletic activity still puts stress on the body. Performance Stretching also includes foam roller programs to give yourself a deep tissue massage and release knots that limit movement, keep your muscles tight, and lead to injury. Foam roller stretching is also excellent for for body builders, or anyone that wants to build healthy muscles, to prep their muscles for growth.
If you don't have a foam roller, Performance Stretching still includes great ways to cool down your muscles and lessen post-workout soreness by flushing out the lactic acid. This is where static stretching is best. Done at the proper time, in the proper way, static stretching will help you improve your balance, blood circulation, flexibility, range of motion, and production of synovial fluid (the fluid that reduces friction in your joints).
Whether you need a proper warm up, a cool down, or a relaxing, healing recovery, Performance Stretching will guide you through the right types of stretches for the right occasions and it will show you how to do them effectively.
• Over 150 different stretches. Each one includes a video you can view DURING YOUR WORKOUT and audio description to help you perfect your form.
• The right stretches for the right reasons. A mixture of static, dynamic, and foam roller stretches maximizes your results.
• Fast and efficient. Holding positions for longer than 30 seconds is less effective.
• Works anywhere! No equipment needed for a terrific stretching workout.
• Completely interactive. Swap out stretches to personalize your workouts.
• Sync your workouts to the Health app.
• Compatible with most bluetooth heart rate monitors.
PERFORMANCE STRETCHING PROGRAMS:
Foam Roller Stretch Program - A full-body deep tissue massage to work out all the knots that keep your muscles tight.
Dynamic Running Warm Up Stretch Program - Warm up your legs properly to take your run to the next level.
Dynamic Sport Warm Up Stretch Program - Warm up every major muscle group so that you can give your best.
Lower Back Rehab Program - Stretches and strength training moves to improve your core strength, reduce back pain, and increase your range of motion.
Lower Back Static Stretch Program - Work out the stiffness in your lower back and fix your posture.
Lower Body Static Stretch Program - You use your legs for everything, keep them at their functional best.
Upper Body Static Stretch Program - Keep your upper body loose, relaxed, and properly aligned.
Full Body Static Stretch Program - Increase flexibility, range of motion, blood flow, joint health, and posture throughout your entire body.
Quick Full Body Static Stretch Program - When time is a factor, but you still want to do something great for your body.
Static Stretch Cool Down Programs - Designed to work the lactic acid out of tired muscles and improve functional flexibility while your body is still warm.
Works with Health
- June 12, 2013 Initial release
- August 22, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 01, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 22, 2013 New version 1.6.2
- November 28, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 02, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 29, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- January 07, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- May 15, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- May 22, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- September 03, 2015 New version 2.0
- October 31, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 01, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99