Updated for iOS 8 and iOS 9
Minor bug fixes
This colorful educational App for the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® has all 52 illustrated picture flash cards (plus audio of each card’s text) from the Is & Are Fun Deck® by Super Duper® Publications. Select the cards you want students to see, and have your students fill in the blank to learn how to use “is” and “are” correctly. The prompts include statements like, “The ant (is) having a picnic” and “The ants (are) having a picnic.” The Automatic Scoring option allows the students to choose from one of two answers to complete the sentence correctly.
This App is simple to use — each student looks at an illustration and either reads the prompt or touches the screen to listen to the prompt and answer choices. The student then responds by touching his/her answer. Move to the next card by sliding the card currently on the display screen to the side. To move to the next player, tap the bar at the top of the screen and select a name. You can also advance cards and players automatically by selecting the Auto-Advance option in the Game Options menu. You can leave a game temporarily and return to it later by selecting Pause Game from the menu. To return to the game, select Continue Game from the main menu. When you finish, view the results in a graph, and print or email your data.
Is & Are Fun Deck® App lets you:
• Use the app in portrait or landscape orientation.
• Select all 52 cards or just the ones you want students to see.
• Track correct and incorrect responses for an unlimited number of players.
• Advance players and cards manually or automatically.
• Receive feedback for incorrect and/or correct responses
• Discontinue game play and continue at any time.
• View results in a graph and see which questions a player missed during a session.
• Print, e-mail, and share your results.
- June 17, 2013 Initial release
- July 27, 2013 New version 2.1
- November 19, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 22, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 26, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 30, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- January 09, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- March 01, 2014 New version 2.6
- March 02, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- March 04, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- March 06, 2014 New version 2.7
- March 22, 2014 New version 2.8
- May 14, 2014 New version 3.0
- October 06, 2015 New version 3.8
- November 20, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- November 22, 2016 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99