148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: READING RAINBOW :: Read Our Full Review >>
Further proof that reading can be just as fun as playing.
What's NewCorrects minor interface display issues for iOS 8 and Retina displays as well as purchase process flow issues.
Volume 3, Part Two is now available for purchase! What's in store for Kung Fu Robot and his trusted companion Marvin? More ninja attacks! More ka blams! More hieeyahs! And yes...that angry chicken is even angrier than before. You can now also purchase the entire story (all installments released so far plus the final two coming October and December of 2014) with a single discounted in-app purchase!
App DescriptionHeâ€™s the Unicycle Champion of the 3rd Northern District, the world record holder for â€śice cream sandwiches eaten in one sitting,â€ť the reigning champion of continuous nunchucking and once won a bronze medal for simultaneous stomach rubbing and head patting. Meet KUNG FU ROBOT.
Volume 3, Part Two is now available for purchase! What's in store for Kung Fu Robot and his trusted companion Marvin? More ninja attacks! More ka blams! More hieeyahs! And yes...that angry chicken is even angrier than before.
- Original character art and story by illustrator Jason Bays
- Original music and sound design by Noel Selders (Substream Music & Sound Design)
- Comic book-style â€śswipe and readâ€ť interface
- Volume One is FREE and includes 3 story chapters, the â€śSuper Mega Action Sound Effectsâ€ť soundboard and â€śWhack-A-Ninjaâ€ť mini-game.
- Volume Two continues the story with three additional chapters, the â€śClean Up on Aisle 9â€ť mini-game and the â€śUnicycle Raceâ€ť mini-game. (In-app purchase required.)
- Volume Three, Part One includes an additional chapter and the â€śRocket Rideâ€ť mini-game. (In-app purchase required.)
- Volume Three, Part Two wraps up volume three with a final chapter and the â€śDisarm the Death Rayâ€ť mini-game. (In-app purchase required.)
Volume 4, Part One is currently scheduled for release in October of 2014. The final installment and exciting conclusion for this story â€” Volume 4, Part 2 â€” will be released in December of 2014.
Titled â€śPeanut Butter, Jelly & Kung Fu Sandwich,â€ť KUNG FU ROBOT blends a robotâ€™s love of kung fu, his conscientious sidekickâ€™s fear of getting in trouble, android ninjas, a crazy rooster bent on world domination and the pursuit for the perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich into an engaging adventure for children of all ages.
KUNG FU ROBOT is an immersive experience brought to vivid life by an original storyline, engaging animation, action-packed sounds and a soundtrack that will have toes tapping. The free preview of this interactive comic book, designed to engage young readers, includes a soundboard that allows users to mix â€śnunchuck attacksâ€ť and â€śkung fu splatsâ€ť against a track-by-track breakdown of beats. Kids can also play the role of the storyâ€™s hero with the â€śWhack-A-Ninjaâ€ť mini-game, bashing android ninjas with a broom as they pop out of kitchen drawers and cabinets.
For more information and to view an online trailer, visit http://kungfurobot.com.
KUNG FU ROBOT on Facebook: http://facebook.com/kungfurobot
KUNG FU ROBOT on Twitter: @whatthekungfu
November 15, 2014 New version 3.1.1
July 09, 2014 New version 3.0.0
June 22, 2014 New version 2.1.0
September 26, 2013 New version 1.2
June 12, 2013 New version 1.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release