- improved home screen navigation
- changed to QWERTY keyboard
- changed app icon
- fixed minor bugs
Designed for Speech Language Pathologists who are working with struggling spellers, this app is used in the classroom and home.
A variety of scaffolding support has been built in including the following:
- 3 hint modes: letter, vowel or consonant, and vowel or consonant and letter
- normal and slow pronunciation for each word (tap on the image to hear the slow pronunciation)
- clear images for each spelling word
- uppercase and lowercase options
- a word review section with images for all words
This app uses a QWERTY keyboard layout. As a result of the built-in scaffolding, this app can be used for different levels of spellers. The variety of scaffolding support make this spelling app stand out. Great for one-on-one tutoring and in class to focus on isolated word groups.
This app includes over 300 words in the following 15 categories: Mammals, Birds, Fish, Reptiles, Insects, Arachnids, Crustaceans, Molluscs, Body Parts, Colors, Food, Instruments, Natural World, Numbers, Objects, Shapes, Transportation.
The reward at the end of each level is a short optional balloon popping game. Pop as many balloons as you can in 30 seconds to see who has the fastest fingers.
Are you interested in joining our app testers group and influencing our future apps? Join us at tapfun.com and learn about our methodology and approach.
Tapfun works with educators to produce educational apps for elementary school children. Our apps are designed to complement and supplement school curricula. Our latest app “Math Word Problems - Addition and Subtraction for Kindergarten and First Grade” was authored & developed by experienced educator Anne Gardner (Nationally Board Certified in the U.S. for literacy).
- June 15, 2014 Initial release