Featured by Apple in the Special Education section, this update adds:
- More Text-to-Speech options (tap on flipped display)
- Improved word prediction for faster typing
- Louder alert chime (double tap on flipped display)
Designed by researchers from Stanford University and trusted by thousands of schools and hospitals worldwide, Flip Writer AAC delivers effective and empowering tools for adults and children with speech or hearing impairments and other complex needs.
▶ Tools for Speech Impairment:
◆ Type a message on Flip Writer, and this message is displayed on two displays, one facing you and a second outfacing display for your communication partner(s).
◆ Tap the large white flipped display for high-quality Text-to-Speech. Double-tap to play a loud chime.
◆ The very large tap surface for Text-to-Speech is extremely useful for those with motor difficulties. The entire white flipped display can be tapped for TTS.
Paul from Melbourne, with Bulbar Palsy writes:
" AAC apps with voices freak me out and in public places generate too many stares. With Flip Writer, the conversation is private and flows as immediately as a vocal chat - people respond really well to it! "
▶ Tools for Hearing Impairment (Hard of Hearing):
◆ The built-in Speech Recognition allows communication partners to speak into the app and have their speech converted to large and legible text that can be easily read.
Janet from the University of Wisconsin writes:
" We are using the app to help communicate with a new hearing impaired employee. We first used it during training and it has since turned out to be an invaluable tool even in our day-to-day interactions. "
▶ Trusted and Proven for AAC
Flip Writer AAC is built like a rock and is being used by thousands of schools, hospitals, and Skilled Nursing Facilities as a powerful and reliable communication tool. It has been rigorously tested in the field and repeatedly underlines its position as the single most versatile AAC tool on the iPad.
It has been prominently featured by Apple in the Special Education section of the App Store ever since its launch with the very first version of the iPad.
Get your copy now and instantly open up a whole new world of effortless communication with the people most important to you at work and at home.
- May 15, 2013 Initial release
- August 24, 2013 New version 1.1
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.2
- November 03, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $99.99
- November 10, 2014 Price decrease: $99.99 -> $2.99
- November 13, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $99.99
- November 14, 2014 Price decrease: $99.99 -> $29.99
- November 24, 2014 Price decrease: $29.99 -> FREE!
- December 10, 2014 New version 1.3
- December 31, 2014 New version 1.4