148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: TASTY BAKES :: Read Our Full Review >>
Offering tasty baking ideas galore, this app is probably one to avoid for those trying to eat healthier. It's just too tempting!
What's New- This app is now fully compatible with iOS7
App DescriptionWant to bake delicious cakes from scratch right in your own kitchen but donâ€™t know how? DKâ€™s Illustrated Step-By-Step Baking Cakes to the rescue! This gorgeously illustrated cookbook is now an interactive app for your iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC and includes 350 recipes, how-to videos, mouth-watering photography, interactive ingredient lists, and more.
Before you even get out your rolling pin, itâ€™s easy to remember with ingredients you need with interactive ingredient lists: just check off what you have when at home or our shopping, and you can instantly see what else you need to get. Your checked lists even sync between devices!
When itâ€™s time to start baking, flick through 20 illustrated slideshows to learn steps needed to make 80 classic cakes, as well as a myriad of recipe variations for any occasion. There are also six how-to videos for an even more in-depth take on essential cake baking techniques. Icing on the cake? Itâ€™s easy to bookmark individual recipes, make tasting notes, and share your experience with other users right in the text or on Facebook and Twitter.
* How-to Videos: Let your iPad and iPhone be your new sous-chef with videos embedded right in the book. Watch and bake right along with the videos as you try new recipes and techniques.
* Interactive Ingredient Lists: When youâ€™re shopping for ingredients at the grocery store, keep track of what youâ€™ve got with an interactive list of checkboxes. The list even syncs between devices, so you can cross off ingredients at home on your iPad and still see what you need on your iPhone at the store.
* Cake Chooser: If you have a specific event or need, but you donâ€™t know which cake will be right, go to the Cake Chooser at the beginning of the book, an Inkling exclusive. Cakes are grouped by category like â€śParty Cakesâ€ť or â€śWheat-free Cakesâ€ť, so you can easily tap and go directly to what you need.
* Step-by-Step Slideshows: Tap through 20 slideshows that take you through each step of the baking process with photos and instructions, all in one place.
* Mouthwatering Photos: Salivate over deliciously high-res images of cakes. For a closer look at every crumb, just tap and pinch out to zoom in on any photo.
* Share: Want to let your friends and family know what youâ€™re baking? Instantly post anything from the book to Facebook and Twitter, and they can access it for free!
* Search: Need to find something quickly? Search the book, your notes, and even Google and Wikipedia, while barely lifting a finger.
* Personal Notebook: Highlight text and bookmark cards with ease. Itâ€™s all saved to a notebook that lives inside your book for easy reference.
Bonus feature on iPad, iPad mini, PC & Mac:
* Notes: Make notes anywhere in the book that can even include web links. All notes are also saved to your notebook.
November 22, 2013 New version 3.5.3
September 26, 2013 New version 3.4
June 07, 2013 Initial Release