What's NewNew title cover
App Description"The Tortoise, the Hare and the Young Sageâ€ť - multilingual, interactive picture book!
Read your children a beautiful, lively bedtime story that comes to life before their very eyes!
Explore this classic story with a Japanese twist!
The styleful "The Tortoise, the Hare and the Young Sage" interactive storybook can be enjoyed with 3 different storylines.
The main storyline will take you on a journey with the Toirtoise to the Yakami Sanctuary, while the other 2 available stories (available as in-app purchases) will tell you about the incredible tale of the Hare and the mysterious story of Onamuji, a Japanese folktale in a new jacket!
Each page is like a "living picture", containing several hidden effects. Touch various items and places on the screen to discover all the amazing actions!
- Narrated and subtitled in 6 languages: English, Japanese, French, Italian, Spanish and Chinese!
Perfect for foreign language students and enthusiasts alike!
- Many hidden animations per page!
- Perfect length for children to enjoy - not too long, not too short.
- â€śThe Tortoise, the Hare and the Young Sageâ€ť is a universal application â€“ Download it for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
- Music composed by the world famous composer Kumi Tanioka, known from Final Fantasy and Ragnarok Odyssey!
- Record: Record and play back your own voice for fun and for language practice! Compare your pronunciation with a native speaker!
- Select separate Audio and Subtitles: Listen to the narration in one language and read the subtitles in another! For example, read Japanese subtitles while listening to English audio.
*How to Record
1) Tap the microphone icon in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
2) Enter a name.
3) Tap the + button to add a new record.
4) Tap the Start Recording icon and record your voice.
- Tap the Play button to play back your recording.
- To delete a recording, press the Garbage Can icon.
Record your voice on every page. When you flip through pages, your recording for every page will automatically be played. Pages, for which you haven't recorded anything, will automatically play the original narration in the language set in the Language Selection Screen.
> For customers who wish to use this product for educational purposes:
The texts and audio in all languages contain child-friendly, non-offensive vocabulary only. Please note that there is no dictionary function included.
We would love to hear what you think about our books!
Please write a review and rate our product. Leave a comment in your review if there's anything you would like to see in an update and future products.
We appreciate any feedback very much!
March 07, 2014 New version 1.11
June 21, 2013 Initial Release