· Capability to input local electricity grid costs and calculate & chart electricity savings as compared against selected photovoltaic specifications and resulting PV power output.
· Redesigned “Power Output” charting allowing intuitive zooming from months to hours. Charting now provides a simple toggle between PV power plotting and electricity grid cost savings.
· Improved “Shadow Function” noting spatial recognition of shadows in a full 360 degrees with the horizon and sun’s arc superimposed.
· Simplified and improved interface compatible with iOS8.
Would you like to harness the power of the sun? Look no further, it's now in the palm of your hand. With XyDial™ you can maximize how you use the sun, whether installing solar panels, locating a pool or garden or even determining window placement for your home or office to let the sun shine in.
XyDial lets you expertly locate, configure, adjust and optimize your solar panel in real-time, anywhere on the globe, using the iPhone’s assisted GPS, digital compass, digital gyroscope and forward-facing camera. It identifies the highest efficiency placement based on the solar panel’s geographic location, orientation, calendar date, and time of day.
o Effortlessly identifies the most optimal solar panel configuration and location.
o Incorporates patent pending mathematical coding and GUI using both visual and audible cues.
o Works globally with no Internet connection required.
o Utilizes a unique, spatial “Shadow Function” to identify obstructions through a full 360 degree view.
o Saved Panels” capability allows for naming, saving, editing and viewing of multiple locations and multiple configurations.
o Customizable settings allow estimations for the expected panel output based upon internal solar irradiation databases, panel specifications, geographical location and selected calendar dates.
o Zoomable “Power Output” graphing allows users to view panel output from a month level down to a daily hour level. Unique toggle feature shows energy output or electrical grid savings.
o Available in two languages – English and German
o Developed in collaboration with the Apple “Hall of Fame” and “Application Design Award” winner Vito Technology (Creators of StarWalk™and SolarWalk™).
- October 21, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- October 14, 2014 New version 2.0
- June 12, 2014 Initial release