What's New- fixed an issue with ftp connecting to anonymous ftp servers
App Descriptionipash - the missing command line for iOS!
*** "this will certainly make a lot of people happy" - apppicker.com ***
*** "ipash brings the shell to iPad" - ipaditalia.com ***
*** Reached the top 10 utilities in USA, Canada and 10 other countries! ***
No need to jail-break your iPad/iPhone to use a familiar environment!
Do you need to check what processes are running on your device or how much free disk space you have left? Do it with the commands you already know!
Freely inspired by the shell for Unix "bash", ipash gives you a little taste of the good old times while using your iPad/iPhone.
Whether you are nostalgic, passionate or simply can't do without a command line, you'll love it!
ipash comes with your favourite commands (ps, ifconfig, cd, cp, ping…) but adapted to the iOS environment (and its limitation: no, you won't find a 'kill' command and you won't be able to access the root directory or files of other apps…sorry!).
ipash also takes advantage of iOS advanced capabilities like gestures and scrolling.
• the most common shell commands (ps, ifconfig, free, wget, ping, cat...)
• FTP client
• local file system management (cd, ls, cp, rm...all limited to ipash sandbox)
• Dropbox support (manage files on your Dropbox account)
• vi: simple but powerful text editor
• additional buttons to make input from keyboard easier
• two finger swipe up or down to access the commands history
• two finger swipe left-to-right to autocomplete entered text
• pinch to interrupt the execution of a command
• unique ipash commands (Try: ia, maps, mail...)
• transfer any file to ipash using iOS "Open In" feature
Please contact email@example.com for bugs or requests
January 29, 2014 New version 2.5.1
November 08, 2013 New version 2.4
October 21, 2013 New version 2.3
October 04, 2013 New version 2.2
May 08, 2013 Initial Release