Extend data service to 1 Jan 2016
“Am I investing? Or I am just gambling”
If you think investment is easy, think again. Investing without risk management is like driving a Porsche without a braking system. A lot of people learn their lessons without a warning. See if you can answer the following questions:
“Does my investment diversified enough and properly?”
“Do I know when to sell and when to buy in rapid moving market?”
“Do I sell the losing stocks without holding them for too long?”
“Is the worst monthly expected loss of my portfolio within my risk tolerance?”
“First thing first, does it make sense to invest with the current portfolio?”
If not, Alpha-Investor is what you need. Alpha-Investor is first mobile MYOP (Manage Your Own Portfolio) app. It is a full-feature trading suit designed for serious investors and investment professionals.
What does Alpha-Investor do?
1. Optimize your asset weighting of your investment portfolio.
2. Validate your optimized portfolio by back-testing with historical data.
3. Limit your risk exposure within your risk tolerance.
4. Issue Buy/Sell signals with trading amount.
5. Determine if the portfolio worth the effort by calculating its Alpha value.
How does Alpha-Investor do it?
1. The “Optimizer” gives the optimal asset weighting by mean of mean-variance calculation.
2. The “Backtester” validates the portfolio performance with historical data.
3. The risk KPI’s, such as Value at Risk and Tail VaR, show you the daily risk exposure.
4. Based on target weighting, the “Rebalancer” gives Buy/Sell orders promptly.
5. Knowing the portfolio Alpha, investors can determine if passive investment is a better choice.
What is the typical profile of Alpha-Investor users:
•Investment Philosophy: Discipline Investing.
•Perquisites: Sound knowledge of Portfolio Management.
•Investment style: Semi-active/Active.
•Investment horizon: short-term/mid-term.
•Rebalance Frequency: Weekly/Monthly.
This multi-market version allows investors manage different country portfolios with various investment horizon in a single portfolio management app on iPad.
With Alpha-Investor you have a better chance to beat the street by first beating your worst enemy – Yourself.
*** Release Note ***:
Version: multi-markets 2013
Markets: US, UK, HK, CN, DE, FR, SG, TW
Capacity: 2 portfolios with 6 assets
- May 08, 2013 Initial release
- May 15, 2013 New version V 4.3.0
- May 17, 2013 Price decrease: $49.99 -> FREE!
- May 20, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $49.99
- May 27, 2013 Price decrease: $49.99 -> FREE!
- June 05, 2013 New version V 4.3.1
- June 23, 2013 New version V 4.3.2
- July 25, 2013 New version V4.3.3
- July 31, 2013 New version V 4.3.5
- August 11, 2013 New version V 4.5.0
- August 15, 2013 New version V 4.5.1
- September 09, 2013 New version V 4.6.0
- September 17, 2013 New version V 4.6.2
- October 10, 2013 New version 4.7.0
- October 31, 2013 New version 4.7.1
- December 01, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $9.99
- December 09, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> FREE!
- December 12, 2013 New version 4.7.3
- December 20, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $9.99
- December 31, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> FREE!
- January 01, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $9.99
- January 16, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- January 23, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> FREE!
- April 28, 2014 New version 4.8.0